Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tire Pump- What Do You Use?

I could understand that and wanting to play on psi but how often are you gonna do it for a street driven car? one or twice for finding what setting you like best in that temperature setting (winter and summer)
after that, you just fill the tires to that selected cold psi in that season and just forget about It really.
Wheel and tires don't suppose to loose pressure if it driven daily, if you do, then you have a pressure leak from a miniature tire hole or a bend rim, unless you haven't driven the car in a while, like a week.
If you are overpressure or under pressure a tire, you can feel the car different while taking turns or braking, you can feel it more in the wet, well I know I can
I have had good performance in all weather conditions with stock psi pressure so I just don't mind and just check when the car feels different while turning.
Is is the most optimal psi for extracting the most performance? no , not really. I could play with psi to make it rotate a little more, but like I said, daily driven car, so I don't mind
I agree, daily driving a few psi won't make a huge difference other than in tire wear. Daily driving gains are not noticeable unless you're driving recklessly... which I don't recommend.

I found I lost a few psi through my schrader valve not through the tire/rim seals (3psi over 1 month). Most likely from old rubber on/around the valves...

and I'll post of video of my crappy schwinn pump lmao... If it works don't fix it.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I use a 40 gallon air compressor, which also gets used for an impact, air ratchet, die grinder, and blowing out the underground sprinkling system. It works pretty good for everything I need. It isn't rated for use with spray guns for painting or long use with a die grinder.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
How LOUD is that one?

I use my brother's Black and Decker, which like that one above has no tank for storage of compressed air, but it WILL deafen you if you stand too close, or use it in a confined area without ear plugs!! [crazyeye]
It is a bit loud, I sometimes wear earplugs but if I don't it's not deafening.

I use my 60 gallon compressor. I also have a small hot dog compressor for my air nailer that works well for small fill ups.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Around here, there are very few gas stations with air pumps. The one closest to my house took theirs out years ago. The pump at the only other one convenient to me kept breaking. The last time I used it there was only a little bit of air left in it, and no warning sign, so instead of pumping my already low tire up, it let more air out. I couldn't tell because it was making the usual hissing sound when I put the chuck on the valve, and then I had to drive somewhere else with a tire even lower on air.
That's when I decided I was done with gas stations, and to get a home pump. For those who don't have one, it's a cheap (~$48 for the one in my OP) and convenient way to be more self-sufficient. I'm not saying everyone should have one, but for those who do, I wanted to see what people were using.
Also, if you ever have to reset your TPMS system, say after a tire rotation, and don't have a reset tool, the (annoying) procedure in the manual involves letting a fair amount of air out of each tire until you hear a confirmation beep. Having a home pump then lets you air back up without having to go to a gas station.

For many years I had a Craftsman 25 gallon 120 psi oil less compressor that served me well. It finally died last year and I replaced it with this Dewalt 20 gallon 150 psi two cylinder (oil) compressor that is belt driven. It runs so much quieter than my old Craftsman. I normally would have gone for a tank bigger than 20 gallons but with the 150 psi operating pressure, it holds a decent amount of air. Plus it was on clearance as a new display model at my local Sears Hardware and I got an amazing deal on it.

i cheat. a lot.
i use one of these

with one of these

i do it at work, so its totally cheating.