Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Probably stupid question regarding fluctuating weather...

So i'm getting ready to order an AP, gonna get mine from Stratified. The question here is that I live in NJ, 90+ degrees in the summer and below 32 in the winter.

As far as tunes go, should you have 2 seperate for the temps? Or will the ECU adjust accordingly going off ambient temp? My 2 past cars that have had tunes were just a piggy back to trick the MAF in my sr20, and an rtek chip mainly to adjust fuel for the larger secondary injectors in my rx7 so i'm just a dingus in regards to these kinds of tunes. New world for me.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm no expert but I have an OTS tune from Stratified and have never noticed any "bad signs" during my brief AP monitoring, whether it's 19F or 119F. Cars are so advanced and smart these days. Don't sweat it.

How's this?

OP
meekestboaster
Thread Starter #3
I'm no expert but I have an OTS tune from Stratified and have never noticed any "bad signs" during my brief AP monitoring, whether it's 19F or 119F. Cars are so advanced and smart these days. Don't sweat it.
this is more or less what I figured. I just thought i'd ask for some personal experiences to ease my paranoid brain lol

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Hopefully one of the tuners will chime in, but empirical data/experiences from fellow owners is sometimes worth more to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So i'm getting ready to order an AP, gonna get mine from Stratified. The question here is that I live in NJ, 90+ degrees in the summer and below 32 in the winter.

As far as tunes go, should you have 2 seperate for the temps? Or will the ECU adjust accordingly going off ambient temp? My 2 past cars that have had tunes were just a piggy back to trick the MAF in my sr20, and an rtek chip mainly to adjust fuel for the larger secondary injectors in my rx7 so i'm just a dingus in regards to these kinds of tunes. New world for me.
I'm no expert either, but in Layman's terms, the ECU will adjust everything it needs to hit the power that it should... for example in cold weather you won't hit max boost as you are already making the torque it's shooting for with denser air so then in the summer you will see more boost to try to make that same torque level with thinner hot air... The ECU's are very complex these days and monitor HUNDREDS of inputs, these tunes are far far from just tricking the ECU anything, there ARE piggybacks for that, but we don't bother since Cobb cracked the ECU and sells the AP now... Read the FAQ and tech paper sections on Stratified's site, very informative!

May I ask what year car you have and other mods you might have already?

OP
meekestboaster
Thread Starter #6
May I ask what year car you have and other mods you might have already?
its a '17, just an injen ram intake (for sound purposes[giggle] ) have a big mouth ready for install, as well as cobb f/r sway bars. catback and intercooler are next on the list, couple more months down the road.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
its a '17, just an injen ram intake (for sound purposes[giggle] ) have a big mouth ready for install, as well as cobb f/r sway bars. catback and intercooler are next on the list, couple more months down the road.
Right on, you will want to do a RMM same time as tune, even on the upgraded '17, probably a two point brace/traction bar, for '17 the sway bars are upgraded too, but you've got better already. :)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
meekestboaster
Thread Starter #9
I'd move the intercooler to the top of the list, tbh.
Agreed, for exhaust I’m probably gonna chop the muffler off to satisfy me for now. All my previous cars were straight pipe, this car is just way too quiet for me. Not trying to go straight pipe loud, but I need something lol

The summer heat we’ve had so far has definitely made me notice a loss of power. The heat soak is real

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Agreed, for exhaust I’m probably gonna chop the muffler off to satisfy me for now. All my previous cars were straight pipe, this car is just way too quiet for me. Not trying to go straight pipe loud, but I need something lol

The summer heat we’ve had so far has definitely made me notice a loss of power. The heat soak is real
But get the RMM first/same time, you'll have tons of torque steer and wheel hop without one... but yeah do intercooler for next thing along with that.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OP
meekestboaster
Thread Starter #11
But get the RMM first/same time, you'll have tons of torque steer and wheel hop without one... but yeah do intercooler for next thing along with that.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
What RMM would you suggest? I’ve read through some threads, but can’t remember much lol. Not trying to go too stiff but would like longevity

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

I have a resonator delete and a universal Magnaflow muffler. I think it's perfect. I don't want loud on my daily driver and it's not. It's just loud enough that you can hear it; like it should've been from the factory on the performance version of a car.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What RMM would you suggest? I’ve read through some threads, but can’t remember much lol. Not trying to go too stiff but would like longevity
I don't recommend going too stiff anyway unless you are going to be racing regularly, I have a Torque Solutions 75a, that can be had off eBay for around $115, I only feel the slightest vibes at idle, and a bit at take off but a little lumpy idle when stopped facing uphill. Whoosh has a AWR 70a for $110 as well, just some ideas.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the Boomba RMM...love it...Just remember....It takes some time for it to break in...so don't go getting frustrated with vibes right away as they will settle some over the course of time and the longer the mount is in. I've seen members get a RMM and bail without giving it enough time to settle/break in. So keep that in mind! [wrenchin]