Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ceramic coating entire exhaust?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looking into ceramic coating the entire exhaust due to being here in Mn and the corrosive garbage they sue on the roads and it might look cool if its Titanium colored! or any other color.....does anyone else have experience in this area? if so thoughts and pics of what you did! I have a Thermal exhaust I bought and have been pondering this upgrade....just fishing for thoughts![wrenchin] If no one hasn't I guess I could be the first as its only $150 here in Mn !

Here's a good video that has just reinforced my thoughts on getting it done.... Now I'm thinking of getting my Turbo housing done! As this type of coating can help with spooling!

https://youtu.be/XAOeSOYGOF8

Last edited:
Looking into ceramic coating the entire exhaust due to being here in Mn and the corrosive garbage they sue on the roads and it might look cool if its Titanium colored! or any other color.....does anyone else have experience in this area? if so thoughts and pics of what you did! I have a Thermal exhaust I bought and have been pondering this upgrade....just fishing for thoughts![wrenchin] If no one hasn't I guess I could be the first as its only $150 here in Mn !

Here's a good video that has just reinforced my thoughts on getting it done.... Now I'm thinking of getting my Turbo housing done! As this type of coating can help with spooling!

https://youtu.be/XAOeSOYGOF8
I wondered about this as well because I am in Michigan. $150 seems very reasonable for a whole exhaust. I wonder how much weight it would add to the system?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I wondered about this as well because I am in Michigan. $150 seems very reasonable for a whole exhaust. I wonder how much weight it would add to the system?
It's just a coating sprayed on in high heat...so think painting something....very ...very little weight involved... most likely less weight than a double whopper value meal!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I black glacier Cerakoted the tailpipe/tip section of my CP-E Nexus system, and now wish that I had done the WHOLE thing!

For $150.00, I would not even hesitate a split second to do this (locally, I was charged $50.00 just to do that small section of pipe, out the back of the CP-E system. :( )

V_2

I cerakoted the header/midpipe on my old car arctic silver. It's pretty easy to DIY their air cure finishes. You just need to media blast the piece then spray. I think I used 150 grit aluminum oxide for blasting. The header started to show small rust spots after about a year, but all in all I was pleased with the outcome considering I was coating over mild steel that was exposed to large temperature swings and whatever my radiator fan spat all over it.

I think the whole project cost me around $80 in materials and I had enough left over to make my chargrill smoker look like an airstream. Here's a crappy pic I took of the result.

rps20150307_132542.jpg