Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HERP-A-DERP Bilstein Coilovers VS Eibach Springs?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks, but I am only going to be driving down these stage roads, while volunteering/working on/helping run the controls of ARA stage rallies, on the factory dampers, NOT 'blasting' down them at even HALF of a lower classed car, regional rally car's pace.

I AM going to get a better setup, but I am waiting on Ground Control (HURRY THE EFF UP!!) to release their linear rate spring, coil over conversion kit for these cars, to use with/OVER Koni Sport (yellow) dampers, or possibly the Bilstein B8s. [wink]

I know that many on here are STAUNCH believers in, (and use themselves) all of the Sino made 'coils' kits for our ride, but sorry, I just do NOT trust them at all, especially not on less than glass smooth roads. :(

I would go with the M-Sport/Team O'Neil, R1 Fiesta gravel spec, Bilstein 46mm, inverted, 'Motorsport' coil over damper setup, but one must use a L-O-N-G spring with those which raises the car much higher than even factory height, which I do not want save for working rallies, AND they cost > $2500.00! [crazyeye]
(They do not offer a similar, lower ride height, 'tarmac spec' setup like that, as for that scenario they expect one to go to the almost $10K Reiger, 3 way adjustable, reservoir, tarmac setup. [ohcrap] )

OP
TERAWR
Thread Starter #22
So, I picked up those Meister R's posted a little while back, anyone out there know what the dampers are set at from the factory?

Like how many clicks hard<>soft?
I figure it'll be a good baseline.

MeisterR told me 16F/24R from full stiff was a good baseline when I first got the coilovers. It’s all up to customer preference. I’d start out there and move in the direction you feel is right.

OP
TERAWR
Thread Starter #24
MeisterR told me 16F/24R from full stiff was a good baseline when I first got the coilovers. It’s all up to customer preference. I’d start out there and move in the direction you feel is right.
Thanks, is that from full lock soft or hard?

Found the answer in the installation manual, 0 is full hard.