Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Decal removal problem

I decided to remove the dealer decal yesterday, and initially it went fine; got a plastic scraper and removed all the lettering, then used gunk off, (Or goo off, I don’t remember which one), to remove the adhesive. It seemed to clean the spaces where the letters were, but it made a kind of a sticky mess all around it. I think the problem is that I had waxed it about a week ago, and the combination of the gunk off and some probably too vigorous rubbing disturbed the wax. It was only then I realized I should have removed the decal before I waxed it. I guess now I need to remove the wax in the area I cleaned and re-wax it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Yeah +1 on the 3M product, it's good at removal without being destructive to the paint.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had this other stuff called ARDX51 but I cant find it anymore....really pricey like $40 qt pricey.

This is also fantastic shit..... hard to find.... by genesis coatings

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Can of Brakleen or some Seafoam on a rag always works for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Believe it or Don't! But Good old Wd-40 also works well! cheap too! There's like 1000's of uses fo that stuff...crazy! [party]

OP
B
Thread Starter #16
WD-40 to the rescue! Thanks for the tip, guys. No just have to a spot wax where the letters were.

To the OP... is this the 'goo' remover that he used? Or has anyone else used it, with good results? BTW, looking for a solvent to remove/clean off the 'Fiesta' emblem in the back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #18
That’s what I used. Can't say if I recommend or not. The decal came off easily with a plastic scraper, but left a sticky film. WD40 took the film right off, though.

HBEcoBeaST

Do it in the sun or warm up the area. 10x easier.

Wd40 is best. Clay bar will work too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brendon

I found the Goo Gone and simply rubbing with my finger and removing the balls of gunk with a paper towel worked well for the deal sticker.