Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sunglasses storage

I know this is pretty trivial, but I miss the overhead console I had in Jetta, which had the compartment for my sunglasses. I've tried the console but it’s already full of other crap, so now I just hook them over the driver's side visor. Where do you put yours when you're not wearing them?

Console and I don’t like if for the same reasons as you. Tried the door pocket for a bit but I don’t like anything visible in my car. City life.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There is an overhead console for sunglasses in some Fiesta’s I suggest you research and possibly hit the junkyard. There may be a way to mount one.i.e. Mounting points hidden under the headliner.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I never leave anything visually available for a quick smash and grab. I always make sure everything is hidden, especially sunglasses. It's like asking for a break-in leaving them in visual range.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I keep mine in the center console armrest. Only other things in there are a pair of safety glasses and an aux cable. And it's fairly well thermally insulated so they don't get heat soaked. While I miss the overhead storage I had in my old Focus, my wife's Escape has the overhead storage and she stopped using it due to heat soak.

I've never understood why people keep their sunglasses in their car. Do you drive somewhere wearing your sunglasses, then take them off, leave them in the car, and then walk to your destination squinting the whole time? I don't get it. [dunno]

My sunglasses come with me when I leave the car. On my face. [coolsmile]

I've never understood why people keep their sunglasses in their car. Do you drive somewhere wearing your sunglasses, then take them off, leave them in the car, and then walk to your destination squinting the whole time? I don't get it. [dunno]

I drive to work in the morning with them on.
I drive home from work with them on.

They stay in my car and are prescription.

On the weekend I wear them, but I can’t walk around work with them.

cxwrench

My parking spot is about 20' from the door to my job...I think I can make it that far w/o going blind.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My future is so bright I gotta wear shades all the time. I keep at least 3 pairs in my car...1 in glove box usually my titanium wayfarers with bottle opener built into the arms...My oakley's in the center console and Also my Blueblockers....depending on how I feel and what I'm doing each sunny day I wear different types of shades.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My future is so bright I gotta wear shades all the time. I keep at least 3 pairs in my car...1 in glove box usually my titanium wayfarers with bottle opener built into the arms...My oakley's in the center console and Also my Blueblockers....depending on how I feel and what I'm doing each sunny day I wear different types of shades.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I have sunglasses in every car, and I have backups in the House. My eyes are crazy sensitive to the Sun. Normally I just leave them in the passenger seat in a sunglass bag.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I have looked into putting in a sunglasses holder. Found some on ebay from the regular Fiesta. It replaces the domlight with a sunglass holder/domelight assembly. But I'm always hesitant to cut into my headliner on such a new car. I'm sure it will mount right up if you get the hole just right. At least on the non-moonroof cars because that's the Fiestas that came with sunglass holders.

For now I store mine in the center console. They are prescription sunglasses. I run around with my regular glasses and throw the sunglasses on in the car. I don't like carrying around a second pair, especially if I don't need them during the day inside at work.

I put mine in the pocket behind the passenger seat. Easy reach and they stay put without rattling around while driving.

XanRules

I'd grab the one out of the USDM Fiesta SE but it doesn't appear to work with the sunroof based on my cursory glances at the product picture.

My parking spot is about 20' from the door to my job...I think I can make it that far w/o going blind.
[giddy]

I put mine in the pocket behind the passenger seat. Easy reach and they stay put without rattling around while driving.
Yeah, I just noticed that last night, why does the passenger seat have a "map pocket" but the driver's seat does not?

I have the strap around mine and just hang them from the rear view when I park at work, or when home for the night. If I am driving at night they are in the center console.