Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench light no cruise control

Tim2525

Hi everyone. I would really appreciate any insight into what the issue could be. Thanks in advance. Here are the details:

2014 Fiesta ST

The wrench light comes on either when I brake or hit the clutch only when stopping/slowing down.

When the wrench light comes on, cruise control does not work

It doesn’t come on if I’m driving slowly (in a parking lot for example) and then brake/hit the clutch

Wrench light is not always on when the car is started - it seems to be triggered by something

It is not generating any codes

Tried to reset it using the directions from the manual multiple times

Last edited:

JasonHaven

Likely the brake pedal sensor, I had to deal with this last year. A few on here have had it. Unfortunately, dealers won't believe it until they see the light themselves, so be prepared to get a run around.

OP
T

Tim2525

Thread Starter #3
Found what was wrong. Up above the brake pedal there are 2 switches. One is the brake light switch (black) and the other is the cruise control switch (blue and white). The cruise control switch was loose and not locked in place. I messed with it and it locked into place and now the wrench light does not come on when I push the brake.