Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205/50/15 continental extreme contact sport purchased by me and weighed

LILIKE16ST

I got these continental for my 15x8 pro race 1.2 warm weather wheels as I've been wanting to try them for a while and my bfgs are at the end of their life now. I literally love everything about the continental ec sport including the weight and I've seen various weights 18 lbs on discount tire 19 on tire rack and 18.3 on another site so when I received them today I decided to take them to work and weigh them on our rather large and accurate scale we have and I weighed it several times both single and 2 at a time and made sure everything was correct and it was weighing right and they came in at 18.7 lbs for anyone else who may be interested and on these same scales my 15x8 pr 1.2 were 15.4 lbs each without the center caps so I assume they're 15.5 with them. That makes this setup 34.2 lbs per corner...very good looking good riding and amazing performance for the tread wear they get and 8.3 lbs less per corner than my stock setup and about 2.5 lbs per tire lighter than my current 195 sport comp 2s. I will post another thread with my thoughts on the tires once they're installed. I got them for 364 shipped for the set and I'm gonna get the 70 dollar mail on prepaid visa card they're offering on a set of Continental tires through June 30 so that brings the total to under 300 shipped and that is pretty darn good bang for the buck. These tires look great in person and I cannot wait to try them. They're so light even the ups guy noticed they were lighter than your average tires when he handed them to me...he was like man those things are light and I was like yes that's 1 of many reasons I wanted them haha. I'm pumped

anticon

I can't wait to get your review. I recently swapped to these for the summer too. I got a good deal during the memorial day sales. Thanks for getting the weights too!

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #3
I can't wait to get your review. I recently swapped to these for the summer too. I got a good deal during the memorial day sales. Thanks for getting the weights too!
No problem man I got the tires mounted today but it's been raining since I have not got to put them through their paces but they seemed to ride great and they did good in the rain for the small amount of time I've driven on them. I can't help but notice your mods you have several of the same mods as me...stratified tune depo intercooler same wheels same tires same motor mount with the same bushing same lowering springs etc. I'm on stock dampers but plan the b8s when I replace them which once again is the same as yours lol. We must have similar taste in mods lol. Good luck

thanks for weighing them....i have the same wheel and tire with centre caps and 949 racing valve stems, no TPMS sensors.
I did not weigh my setup before putting them on the car.
I've got 1 autocross on them i think they are good (nothing else to compare to).
With a little more seat time and dialing in tire pressures, i know i can go faster.

anticon

OFF TOPIC: I actually don't have the AP, tune or intercooler yet. I typically look for the best value when it comes to my modifications. I tend to agonize over every thing I modify on my car, and research it in as much detail as I can. I like to get the most bang for my buck. I got the springs, shocks, and OCC used. I don't find a huge need yet for more power as I mostly stay just a little over the speed limit, and prefer tight windy corners that don't lend themselves to much room for acceleration. I like to try to carry speed through as much as possible, which is why I tended to focus on the handling modifications first, and why I went with Recaros without a moonroof, wheels, tires, springs, shocks, RMM, etc. The 2-pt brace is probably next, I would go with a 4-point but my budget focused mind tells me its not worth the extra $100+. I was glad I bought the B8's used, as it sounds like they are pretty hard to get now.

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #6
OFF TOPIC: I actually don't have the AP, tune or intercooler yet. I typically look for the best value when it comes to my modifications. I tend to agonize over every thing I modify on my car, and research it in as much detail as I can. I like to get the most bang for my buck. I got the springs, shocks, and OCC used. I don't find a huge need yet for more power as I mostly stay just a little over the speed limit, and prefer tight windy corners that don't lend themselves to much room for acceleration. I like to try to carry speed through as much as possible, which is why I tended to focus on the handling modifications first, and why I went with Recaros without a moonroof, wheels, tires, springs, shocks, RMM, etc. The 2-pt brace is probably next, I would go with a 4-point but my budget focused mind tells me its not worth the extra $100+. I was glad I bought the B8's used, as it sounds like they are pretty hard to get now.
The tune is awesome and it isn't just about having more power although that is awesome. Driveability is much improved and the car feels much much better in particular on the e30 tune. Car just feels more alive. The feel of this car is as important as anything and that is something that greatly improves feel. The extra torque also helps coming out of low speed corners at lower rpm in a higher gear. Car just rockets out of corners even more than stock.

On another note I also noticed your choice of camber bolts I have the same one uninstalled but I plan to do that just have not made time yet. Im a lot like you trying to get the best bang for the buck so that probably explains why our mods are similar. The depo intercooler is amazing...it's hard to believe people still pay double for other coolers that don't work any better. This thing puts in work trust me. You may see as much as a 10 degree rise from start to finish even in summer heat across an entire 4th gear pull 2500-redline. That's far beyond anything the stock cooler can do. It will rise 40+ degrees in a similar situation with a tune especially. I highly recommend a tune you will be wondering why you didn't do it sooner. It makes the car so much better even with someone who wants to focus more on handling than straight line. My car feels so good right now....I don't have major mods I've just done minor upgrades to several parts of the car and they've all added up to really make this amazing drivers car that much better.

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #8
Between you and danbfree I am going to be getting talked into an AP a lot sooner than I planned.
You won't regret it and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. As long as you choose a good tuner you won't have to worry about reliability he'll it'll probably improve reliability over stock if anything the car is much more dialed in with a healthier afr etc

A7xogg

You got any pics of the tire and wheel set up? I did a track day with the contis and after finally finding the limit I am super impressed with the contis. And I got a set of 16x8 dekagrams at the house and would like to see the stretch I may or may not have with these tires

anticon

You got any pics of the tire and wheel set up? I did a track day with the contis and after finally finding the limit I am super impressed with the contis. And I got a set of 16x8 dekagrams at the house and would like to see the stretch I may or may not have with these tires
Here's some, the car is in the garage so the angle and lighting is bad. I'm lowered on Swift Spec-R's.

A7xogg

Thanks! Looks like it will be fine

OP
LILIKE16ST

LILIKE16ST

Thread Starter #17
Here's some, the car is in the garage so the angle and lighting is bad. I'm lowered on Swift Spec-R's.

my car is down right now I'm doing an x37 install with a catless downpipe etc and I'm going to go with pd tuning for tuning...your car looks like the magnetic version of mine I literally have the exact same wheels, tires, and springs...but I'm on stock dampers (I see you're not). It is a wonderful wonderful setup these tires are amazing for the money they cost and the life you can get out of them. Very impressive. They compare them to the Mich pss if that tells you anything. As for stretch it don't have much stretch at all fits like a glove. my 195 bfg tires fit pretty good they're huge for a 195 but these contis have even less stretch than they did. I think it's perfect fitment wise.

anticon

How do you like the 15inch wheels set up with the swift spec R's? I've been on edge deciding whether I should go with 16x8 dekagrams or 15x8 td's
I like them a lot, but I will admit I definitely don't consider myself expert enough to review the differences on tires and wheels. I bought them based on recommendations on here that the lower the weight the better. I think the 16x8 dekagrams are pretty close to the same weight, so now I kind of wish I had a set of each, one for my winter setup and one for summer just so I could kind of try to tell the difference. I will say I like to think that the overall ride was pretty stiff stock but I didn't mind it, because I wanted a rawer experience anyway. But when I put on the smaller wheels and bigger sidewall it definitely toned it down. Then when I added the springs and shocks I felt like I was back to the stiffer ride but with the unsprung weight savings so I was happy about that. [MENTION=7743]Speedboosted[/MENTION] took my car for a test drive to see how my setup was different than stock before it was tuned and he seemed to be pretty impressed with the turn-in and overall handling, he was surprised that it wasn't tuned yet. I like the look of the 15's also, I think it gives it that road legal go-kart look. I did have to add mudflaps because the 15x8 1.2s stick out about an inch further and I was worried about debris. Another thing is I think the 15x8's are more concave than the other sizes. I also got the four Conti's on sale for about $260, I don't know how much the 16" version would cost.

Note: I got the springs and shocks used, I don't think anyone is getting Bilstein B8's anytime soon from what I hear.

I was quite pleased with how Anticon's car drove given the stock tune. Power wise it felt like my car did with a stage 1 OTS tune, just a little more punch all around. Ride quality wise, I was a little disappointed with how rough it was, but after hearing the wheels were 15x8" and not 15x7", that made more sense. Turn in felt pretty similar to the OEM Potenzas, less body roll in corners. The only downside I could think of was the tires seemed a little numb right after turn in, in comparison to the factory setup.

Overall it's a good setup that allows the car to handle better and be flatter in corners, without degrading the ride quality from stock. It does look really cool like he mentioned as well. Lighter wheels will be my next mod.