Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How early is too early for big turbo?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Brura22 has, I did not. I am on crap 91 octane so I won't be making huge gains anyways. He has said it makes a huge difference. I was looking for more oomph and want to be around the 250-270hp range as this is my daily and I want to keep it until the apocalypse lol. Bruras write up is good too unser the MRX turbo thread. I think its around the 150 page range (I did months of reading before pulling the trigger).
Oh yeah I saw his, as I have definitely read through that thread twice now. I remember him saying something like..... HOLY CRAP, but never really saw any data of it before he disappeared. I am only running 91 right now as well but I am going to try to move into a higher octane tune with Boostane if Randy is feeling generous. If so I can get a 95 octane tune for track days or when I feel like I need the fun.
You guys are in areas where e85 is pretty common I thought? You guys should be looking at e30 tunes and if anything, I'm almost positive you can add 1 gallon to run a 93 tune an stay around e15 overall, so you do have some options at least...