Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enhance Performance Ultimate Cat-Back Exhaust Install and Review

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I received my Ultimate Cat-Back from the UK today. It was well packaged and all the pieces arrived intact. I installed the exhaust along with a Vudu catless downpipe.

I was really impressed with the welds and overall looks and finish (brushed stainless)

It came with 4 Powerflex exhaust hanger bushings and 3 high quality V-band clamps. Plus a UK taffy snack! Sadly, it did not come with an exhaust gasket where it mates to the downpipe but I had a gasket on standby just in case.

As part of my install I had to remove my current Mountune Sport Cat and Mountune Cat-Back exhaust.

Here are some pics after the install. Please excuse the hand prints over everything.

This is under the middle section where the tubing is super close to the heat shield and will likely make some contact here over bumps.

The exhaust does clear the mid brace but I bent the trailing edge for some extra clearance.

The tip is a little short for our bumper but it doesn't bother me too much. The turndown on the tip is actually very subtle IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It does look like a really nice piece. Very interested in sound clips. That middle section would bug the crap outta me lol I can’t remember if you said in the other thread, but are you stock down pipe as well?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #4
It does look like a really nice piece. Very interested in sound clips. That middle section would bug the crap outta me lol I can’t remember if you said in the other thread, but are you stock down pipe as well?
Vudu catless

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Ahh I’m still on stock, all my other cars were catless and I think I’m kind of over it at this point lol but no inspection for the next 5 years makes it kind of tempting...
5 years that's cool in North Carolina you have to get a inspection every year even if it's a brand new car. Just a way for them, and the shop to make money.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of the VuDo catless dp? I'm interested to know if it has the same flex joint as the pictures on whoosh or their website.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #8

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Do you have a picture of the VuDo catless dp? I'm interested to know if it has the same flex joint as the pictures on whoosh or their website.
why would it be different, he bought it from us and they are supplied from AET?
the flex joints are really nice to be honest

same ones used on the Peron downpipes

why would it be different, he bought it from us and they are supplied from AET?
the flex joints are really nice to be honest

same ones used on the Peron downpipes
I'm sorry I was researching AET downpipes and noticed on some other their other dp's that they had didn't have this style flex joint, so I just wanted to be sure. I really like these style flex joints, personally (more of an oem style, more flexible, etc.)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm sorry I was researching AET downpipes and noticed on some other their other dp's that they had didn't have this style flex joint, so I just wanted to be sure. I really like these style flex joints, personally (more of an oem style, more flexible, etc.)
they are very flexible and high quality, no doubt

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #14
Sounds pretty sick actually, especially with the catless dp. I might have to copy this. How’s drone, and have you notice any noises from the center section touching the heat shield?
Yes and yes, lol. There is noticeable highway drone around 75mph, but if you set cruise and don't fluctuate the throttle it settles and becomes bearable. *Note: I did not get the optional resonator, so I knew there would be some drone.

I can hear the center section making contact with the heat shielding over rough areas of road but I knew that would happen. It's like the more you move the scale towards "race car" you have to accept those things. My Mountune was the same way; nothing aftermarket is a perfect fit in my experience.

The upside is that this car is so much fun to drive now, you can really hear the turbo spool up even at low rpm. It sounds great especially with the windows down and cruising in town. It reminds me of the big diesel pickup trucks spooling their turbos up around town all the time.

Last edited: