Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vudu Catless Downpipe Install and Review

VirtualRonin

Active Military
I installed a Vudu catless downpipe this evening with an new exhaust.

Very nice looking downpipe and the part that I really liked was the 2 bolt bracket so I can retain the factory support bracket on the RMM.

This did not come with any bolts for the bracket or a new gasket where it mates to the exhaust. That would have been a bonus

I did have some trouble mating it up to the turbine housing. It was a really tight fit, like an interference fit. I basically had to get it lined up on the turbine housing and tighten the nuts down evenly to press it into place.

The bracket lined up fairly well and bolted into place with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Curious about the differences between it and your Mountune setup. You had the catted Mountune downpipe before? Is the new one the same or catless?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #3
Curious about the differences between it and your Mountune setup. You had the catted Mountune downpipe before? Is the new one the same or catless?

Yeah, the Vudu is catless

Is the flex joint on this dp fairly flexible? one of the reasons I like these type of flex joints is the flexibility compared to the more traditional ones.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #6
Besides a little louder, what other differences did you notice?

The turbo seems to be spooling up faster. I'll have more details on that once tuning is completed and I can make a good comparison against my catted setup.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #7
Is the flex joint on this dp fairly flexible? one of the reasons I like these type of flex joints is the flexibility compared to the more traditional ones.
Yeah, I would say the bellows style on the Vudu is a little more flexible than the the standard joints.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #8
Besides a little louder, what other differences did you notice?

Here's a V-Dyno comparison of Catted (High Flow) vs Catless. It hits full boost a bit quicker plus some gains in HP and TQ.

Last edited:
Here's a V-Dyno comparison of Catted vs Catless. It hits full boost a bit quicker plus some gains in HP and TQ.

What happened between 5k and 6k?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #12
What happened between 5k and 6k?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The catted runs were a few weeks ago so nothing stands out as anything happening out of the norm, that's just how the data was logged. I did other runs that were about the same with the catted downpipe but this datalog seemed to graph the best out of the ones I have available.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
No offense but like I keep saying it's not worth polluting 100% of the time for a few hp. To each his or her own but to me seems not worth it. Thanks for sharing!

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #14
No offense but like I keep saying it's not worth polluting 100% of the time for a few hp. To each his or her own but to me seems not worth it. Thanks for sharing!

None taken. Just out of curiosity, what kind of gains would make it worth it in your opinion?

My cat was not stock so going from a stock cat to catless would likely be a much larger jump in HP and TQ but that info is already out there.

What exhaust do you currently have? This plays a large roll in drone...not so much the Catless DP. [raceflag] I'm sure Brian/Bryan will chime it though!
using stock currently, but looking for catless DP...any good to intro that doest drone much?