Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Going FiST to FoRS

It's going to be a bittersweet goodbye this week, as I've decided to trade in my 2015 Fiesta ST.
I brought in my FiST in for her 50,000 mile service, and while waiting, I just couldn't ignore the 2017 Shadow Black Focus RS on display.

Before I knew it, my service appointment turned into a test drive.
I've been dying to own an AWD vehicle, and at this mileage, I felt it would be my last chance to grab a new RS in a subtle color.

It's been a blast driving this car and I'll miss it terribly. I hope to snatch one up again down the road.
Looking forward to still running into fellow FiST friends in the Northeast.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
He will miss some things about the FiST.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
There has been a couple of member that have comeback to the FiST...All I can say is be ready to fill up a lot and hopefully its got A/S tires on it and aren't surprised when the winter comes and they need to buy tires! But then again the car salesman may have been smart and saw it might be an issue come winter.[thumb]

I did the same, and while I do miss the ST, you won't regret it. Does your build date necessitate the head gasket replacement and has the dealership already done this?

OP
winniethepujals
Thread Starter #11
I did the same, and while I do miss the ST, you won't regret it. Does your build date necessitate the head gasket replacement and has the dealership already done this?
Honestly, I've been trying to find out!
When I run the VIN on ford.owner.com and www.etis.ford.com, I'm not showing any outstanding FSA's.
I need to decode the VIN further to figure out exactly when it left the factory. Stay tuned...

Honestly, I've been trying to find out!
When I run the VIN on ford.owner.com and www.etis.ford.com, I'm not showing any outstanding FSA's.
I need to decode the VIN further to figure out exactly when it left the factory. Stay tuned...
If it isn't showing anything on the etis link then you should be good... as long as you are pulling the correct VIN and it is showing your car with no FSA I think you should be okay.

ROCKYFiestta

i know ill prob get slapped but i felt the awd cars get really dam boring to drive. always had way more fun in my mr2T over my evo 8

LILIKE16ST

congrats...I love the rs and they look mean in shadow black with those blue accents. I do love them but at the same time I'm always been more of a muscle car type so I'm a Mustang guy...I could not get past the fact I could get in a brand new 18 5.0 for significantly less than a new rs (base model 5.0 which is fairly nicely equipped). that would be the only thing that kept me from an rs if I was in the market for something in that price range. with that said the rs is wonderful and I wish I had enough cash to afford one along with a new 5.0 and my FIST and....you get the idea lol. good luck

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The only problem I have with a 5.0 (even a low option content to keep weight down, but with a 'Track Pack' type option equipped) is knowing that there is the GT350/350R out there (yup, albeit for twice+ the price).

Whereas the RS is the absolute EPITOME of the Focus. ;)