Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be owner, need expert advice from awesome forum.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
From being on the ST launch, the report was that the base seats are the same as the regular Fiesta seats except with unique covering. I never experienced any break-in on any of my seats.

Great point about heated seats. When it is -10'F outside, I love those heated seats!! Too bad the steering wheel and shift knob aren't heated.
OK, I'll just admit it, maybe Ford just went even cheaper on the interior with '17, like how they dropped some interior lighting, glove box features and cheaper plastics, and the "break in" I'm getting is from even cheaper seats here toward the end of the run! LOL

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I don't have all that much experience with ST's after 2015, but in 2014 at launch, the base model seat was from the regular Fiesta. Having 2 previous Fiesta's with regular seats (one European and one North American), the base ST seat looked and felt the same. I haven't been in a 2016+ ST and only a few 2014+ regular Fiestas as rentals. Ford could have made changes after launch, as they usually do.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have decided to go with the Recaro package regardless of what I end up with. I have a been offered $19k OTD on a 2017 local car with orange Recaros. This is way more than I anticipated spending but all the advice has made me rethink. The orange Recaros are a bit wild for me but hoping when I see them they’ll grow on me. I’m hoping I’m heading down the right direction.
Thats an awesome deal. How much is sales tax out there? I know here in California sales tax just kills us. As not only do we pay 9.5% here in LA but the state requires manufactures to charge sales tax on the retail price not the discount and rebate price. Its kinda of a scam and only gets pushed on large ticket items. They do it with cell phones too as another example.
Sacremeto is ut of control. Lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thats an awesome deal. How much is sales tax out there? I know here in California sales tax just kills us. As not only do we pay 9.5% here in LA but the state requires manufactures to charge sales tax on the retail price not the discount and rebate price. Its kinda of a scam and only gets pushed on large ticket items. They do it with cell phones too as another example.
Holy crap, I had no idea that you guys are charged on full MSRP, at that high rate too! JFC, no wonder they have to have such low priced deals to move new cars down there, we just pay a TOTAL "tax" of 0.5% as a new excise tax in Oregon, no sales tax at all but we do have high property taxes instead... Hopefully this doesn't set off political comments, I'm normally OK with most taxes as long as the lower/middle class and small businesses don't get nailed hard, but that's ridiculous!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Holy crap, I had no idea that you guys are charged on full MSRP, at that high rate too! JFC, no wonder they have to have such low priced deals to move new cars down there, we just pay a TOTAL "tax" of 0.5% as a new excise tax in Oregon, no sales tax at all but we do have high property taxes instead... Hopefully this doesn't set off political comments, I'm normally OK with most taxes as long as the lower/middle class and small businesses don't get nailed hard, but that's ridiculous!
Ya even at $19,600 with Tri Color paint$595 Smoke storm Recaros $1995 Ebony Wheels$375 by the time I am out the door I am close to 23k all said and done.

It’s also why I think most dealers here push base models like they are going out of style.

Its why I wound up ordering my car. Which as of now should be delivered the week of July 9th.

I just laugh at the guy who ordered his car with a biuld date of June 25th, thinking he was going to have his car by the beginning of July.

My build date was the last week of May. Rail cars don’t run quickly in Mexico my car just hit the border a day or two ago.

Oh and as far as property Taxes go the only people here that have low property taxes are people who bought there homes prior to prop 13 in 1978. New home buyers get kicked hard here on property taxes.
There is a reason why there has been an exodus of Californians to Oregon, Nevade, Arizona etc... we are getting f’d hard here when it comes to taxes overall combined with the out of control real estate prices due to Facebook, Google, etc... oh and New Yorkers who come here thinking its so much cheaper than New York City they should move to SoCal and LA.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ya even at $19,600 with Tri Color paint$595 Smoke storm Recaros $1995 Ebony Wheels$375 by the time I am out the door I am close to 23k all said and done.

It’s also why I think most dealers here push base models like they are going out of style.

Its why I wound up ordering my car. Which as of now should be delivered the week of July 9th.

I just laugh at the guy who ordered his car with a biuld date of June 25th, thinking he was going to have his car by the beginning of July.

My build date was the last week of May. Rail cars don’t run quickly in Mexico my car just hit the border a day or two ago.

Oh and as far as property Taxes go the only people here that have low property taxes are people who bought there homes prior to prop 13 in 1978. New home buyers get kicked hard here on property taxes.
There is a reason why there has been an exodus of Californians to Oregon, Nevade, Arizona etc... we are getting f’d hard here when it comes to taxes overall combined with the out of control real estate prices due to Facebook, Google, etc... oh and New Yorkers who come here thinking its so much cheaper than New York City they should move to SoCal and LA.
OK, one last off-topic comment on that, no wonder so many Californians come up here and now our housing costs are through the roof with similar rents as LA now! But, having lived down there a few years and also having extended family and friends down there now as well, I do feel sorry for them and not hate on them for moving up like a lot of Oregonians do, LOL... anyway, sounds like people are getting great deals on a great little car before they're gone!

anticon

Since this thread really got onto a track of pros and cons of Recaros, I also found a list of all the models with Recaros installed at the factory for reference.

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/product-areas-us/original-equipment/products/search-models-with-recaro-seats.html

Also, when looking at the factory Recaros in the more expensive cars in the list, they don't look much different than what we have (to me at least.) Yeah they aren't full racing design, but they look pretty similar to the seats in some very high end sports cars.

aaaand you get an adjustable head rest, nevermind that it pushes your head forward too far when wearing a helmet.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
and that is just some of their current offerings. Recaro seats came in the 1979 Mustang Pace Car, 2003-04 Focus SVT EAP, and I am pretty sure in the 2000 Cobra R. VW may have also been using them in the late 1970's and early 1980's. I have had at least one car with Recaro seats since I was born. My dad's Mustangs had Recaro seats, I have Recaro seats (well only one now) in my Mustang, Recaro seats in my SVT Focus, and of course both Fiesta ST's.

Did the later ST's come with the adjustable head rests? My 2014 and 2015 didn't, but my dad's 2017 RS does. I wasn't sure if that was just for the RS or not. I just bent the posts in a vice until they worked with my helmet and called it good.

anticon

and that is just some of their current offerings. Recaro seats came in the 1979 Mustang Pace Car, 2003-04 Focus SVT EAP, and I am pretty sure in the 2000 Cobra R. VW may have also been using them in the late 1970's and early 1980's. I have had at least one car with Recaro seats since I was born. My dad's Mustangs had Recaro seats, I have Recaro seats (well only one now) in my Mustang, Recaro seats in my SVT Focus, and of course both Fiesta ST's.

Did the later ST's come with the adjustable head rests? My 2014 and 2015 didn't, but my dad's 2017 RS does. I wasn't sure if that was just for the RS or not. I just bent the posts in a vice until they worked with my helmet and called it good.
Mine go up and down at least. You can't adjust the lean though.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Hondas and Acura’s had them as an option on there top of the line sport models in the late 80’s into the early 90s as well.
In fact I had a landord in San Francisco who's Honda/Acura was stolen for the Factory Recaro seats. She even went out and bought the exact same model again and it got stolen again for the seats. Lol

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #72
Sales tax here is 8.4%. The biggest issues now is whether or not the Molten Orange Recaros are too crazy for me. Over-analysis is killer! Anyone own em?

anticon

Sales tax here is 8.4%. The biggest issues now is whether or not the Molten Orange Recaros are too crazy for me. Over-analysis is killer! Anyone own em?
I don't own them, but I kind of wish I did. Maybe I have a little "boy racer" in me.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Heh thats why I ordered my Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros. I could not find a local Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaro car. All the Orange Spice Recaro cars in SoCal and NorCal where Molten Orange and Molten Orange with Orange Spice is tacky looking IMO. Worked great with Molten Orange cars not sommuch Orange Spice loll IMO

P.S. nothing boy racer about Recaro’s either. If you put single position racing buckets in your car and did not turn it into a dedicated tradk car? Now that would be boy racer. Lol

Again IMO

koozy

3000 Post Club
Oh, I bought the Recaros for the heated seat [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I don't own them, but I kind of wish I did. Maybe I have a little "boy racer" in me.
Heh thats why I ordered my Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros. I could not find a local Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaro car. All the Orange Spice Recaro cars in SoCal and NorCal where Molten Orange and Molten Orange with Orange Spice is tacky looking IMO. Worked great with Molten Orange cars not sommuch Orange Spice loll IMO

P.S. nothing boy racer about Recaro’s either. If you put single position racing buckets in your car and did not turn it into a dedicated tradk car? Now that would be boy racer. Lol

Again IMO
OK guys, let me elaborate real quick... it's just that in a tiny Fiesta, no other car that has them, it *kind of* comes across like it, especially to the non enthusiasts who see them... even though I personally agree I'd take them if they were cheaper, etc.. OK? LOL :)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
OK guys, let me elaborate real quick... it's just that in a tiny Fiesta, no other car that has them, it *kind of* comes across like it, especially to the non enthusiasts who see them... even though I personally agree I'd take them if they were cheaper, etc.. OK? LOL :)
Lol sensitive too and feeling social pressure? [hah][gunfire][poke][histerical]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I tested one with the Recaros. Didn't like them. Too "committed" for me, and too high. I'm happy with the stock seats, so I'm glad I had a choice. Perfectly comfy on road trips.