Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Conshohocken
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Doug DeMuro's take on the Fiesta ST

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    **Ask me about purchasing an Automatic Traction Control Off or Sport Mode On Module (Plug and Play)

2016 Ford Fiesta ST - White Platinum / Recaros
    - CP-E RMM, CP-E FMIC, Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel, CP-E Intake, and Cobb AccessPort (Stratified E30 / 93 Tune)
    - SkidPlateGuy Front Skid, NoPistons Evap Skid, Pierce Motorsports Midship Brace
    - 205/50R16 BFG Sport Comp 2 AS for DD
    - 205/50R16 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 for Auto-X
    - 175/65R15 Michelin X-ICE XI3 for Winter/Rally-X

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Pleasant Garden
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have never cared for Doug he's the Twitter, Instagram, Facebook Millennial car reviewer. If you get depressed after watching this car review watch this one instead.

https://youtu.be/Jl-YxAqwzR0

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Member 72 Rep Points rattmobbins's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Albuquerque
    State
    NM
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I used to like Doug when he wrote for Jalopnik, but Oversteer is a joke, and all his stuff these days just grates on my nerves.

"Here's why a BMW 7 Series costs $150k" and then proceeds to tell us nothing about why the car actually costs what it does. Clickbait at it's finest.

Here's the link to the text version for those of us that can't watch YouTube at the office....

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...81474979862594

Senior Member 359 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spring
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never heard of him but after watching a bit of his latest video I'm glad I hadn't (until now).

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    YYC
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I stopped watching after he went on a rant about "motorcraft" and how much did they pay ford to get mentioned in the owners manual

Senior Member 359 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Spring
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

He's an auto reviewer and doesn't know that Motorcraft IS Ford? lol

Medals
    City
    Makawao
    State
    HI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I'm not impressed with his review. He misses many things and gets a few things completely wrong, like the rear view camera. The 2018 Ford Fiesta ST is a carryover vehicle. Europe gets the new model ST while the US gets the previous generation because it's discontinued next year, hence the logical reason it didn't get a backup cam. The space above the glove box he complains about is where the earlier ST has led lighting that didn't come on the later versions, like the one he is driving. I've never felt torque steer on my ST and I've flung it pretty hard into corners. I am after all the ex-Road Test Editor from Motor Trend magazine so I know a thing or two about pushing a car to its limits. Almost every major car magazine has said the FiST is way more fun to drive than the FoST. Even in Motor Trend's Best Handling Test from a few year back the FiST was higher ranking than the FoST. Sorry FoST owners but it's true. Some of his ratings seem off to me, like the features. I'm always amazed that Ford fitted so many options in their cheapest car like automatic climate control, automatic headlights that automatically turn on when you engage the wipers. I have heated seats with my Recaros. The only thing I wish it had was a better stereo and the backup cam, which is easily added with the help of ForScan, a camera and a half a day of wiring it up. I could go on but I think I've made some if my points. His review is not well researched and completely off point in several areas.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Medals
    City
    Makawao
    State
    HI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I stopped watching after he went on a rant about "motorcraft" and how much did they pay ford to get mentioned in the owners manual
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that major duh! Ford owns Motorcraft idiot!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Senior Member 191 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarGuy View Post
    I'm not impressed with his review. He misses many things and gets a few things completely wrong, like the rear view camera. The 2018 Ford Fiesta ST is a carryover vehicle. Europe gets the new model ST while the US gets the previous generation because it's discontinued next year, hence the logical reason it didn't get a backup cam. The space above the glove box he complains about is where the earlier ST has led lighting that didn't come on the later versions, like the one he is driving. I've never felt torque steer on my ST and I've flung it pretty hard into corners. I am after all the ex-Road Test Editor from Motor Trend magazine so I know a thing or two about pushing a car to its limits. Almost every major car magazine has said the FiST is way more fun to drive than the FoST. Even in Motor Trend's Best Handling Test from a few year back the FiST was higher ranking than the FoST. Sorry FoST owners but it's true. Some of his ratings seem off to me, like the features. I'm always amazed that Ford fitted so many options in their cheapest car like automatic climate control, automatic headlights that automatically turn on when you engage the wipers. I have heated seats with my Recaros. The only thing I wish it had was a better stereo and the backup cam, which is easily added with the help of ForScan, a camera and a half a day of wiring it up. I could go on but I think I've made some if my points. His review is not well researched and completely off point in several areas.
    The '18 DOES have rear camera added by law, the absolutely only thing different on the carryover/final US model year, so he is clearly reviewing a '17 or older, as it's a privately owned Turo rental anyway... But I don't know how people can say it doesn't have torque steer, unless you are running a de-tuned 87 octane tune or something, LOL, it's IMPOSSIBLE not to with the too small turbo that's only good for torque... but agree on all the rest of your points other than stereo, the Sony unit is absolutely fine, some people just add a sub for more bass.
    '17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 93/e30 - schmoove daily tune, Stratified V4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not 93 octane, start with a 93 tune or you're leaving free power on the table over running 91 tunes.

Medals
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    He misses the point on why people buy this car. It's not for the deluxe interior.

I got it because it's a hoot to drive, and gets 30 mpg. I would have checked the box for a better stereo, if they'd offered it, but it's an econobox. You can't expect too much fancy stuff at the price point.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast