Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Marin County
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by HBEcoBeaST View Post
    Some of us get inspection tickets. And it helps with an officer that pulls you over for speeding/hooning and they ask if you're 100% legal under the hood and you can easily prove it. Got me out of 2 potentially bad tickets.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Ahhhhh, got it. 'Yessir, totally stock.'
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Member 326 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koozy View Post
    Mountune has a CARB EO# D-727-3 for the MP215, but not for their intake system alone. Not sure why they didn't pursue getting one.
    EO# cost 10k per year. The EO for the MP215 is only for years up to 2016 as Mountune was paying for those years. They decided not to do it any longer as they were no longer selling enough to warrant it.
    Plus Ford was dragging their feet for releasing tune codes for the 17 ECU.

So if they want to EO a separate piece they have to pay 10k and CARB requires the fee each year of sale.
    I have been around and involved in trying to get stuff legal with CARB in the past.

Senior Member 680 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like people can get around that if E0's are transferable and go with the part when the owner of the part sells. People sell used intakes left and right. So if someone were to get a MP215 today all someone in CA needs to pass smog certification is the EO# from 2014-16?

Member 326 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like people can get around that if E0's are transferable and go with the part when the owner of the part sells. People sell used intakes left and right. So if someone were to get a MP215 today all someone in CA needs to pass smog certification is the EO# from 2014-16?
    Oh you could buy a setup like anintake used with the EO and the sticker. It will be fine for 98% of the smog techs out there. Its those last 2%bookworms and referees who might cry foul based on the car being a non EO year. Problem with an MP215 is its a locked down tune. Its married to your ECU only. Not sure if its even transferrable. I would not be surprised if the state forced Mountune to do that.
    Now if one bought a car from 2016 second hand with the MP215 installed they are golden when it comes to smogs.
    CARB is a wacky organization.

Member 79 Rep Points HBEcoBeaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Huntington Beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried about smog as much as random inspections. I've been asked to pop my hood twice. I could have said no, but I complied and both times got out of a ticket. My one official inspection was pretty intense, they even poked around the turbo. Not sure even a hybrid would have passed that.

Senior Member 680 Rep Points koozy's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CARB legal intake (or pass visual) for 2014

Safest bet is to look OE, otherwise make sure you have the appropriate stickers and documents. Even then the cop could site you to take the car into a state ref to prove it and have them approve it. Once you have a document from the state ref you can then use it as proof in the future if you have to pop your hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member 79 Rep Points HBEcoBeaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Huntington Beach
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Safest bet is to look OE, otherwise make sure you have the appropriate stickers and documents. Even then the cop could site you to take the car into a state ref to prove it and have them approve it. Once you have a document from the state ref you can then use it as proof in the future if you have to pop your hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Carb stickers are Lifesavers. I ran them on my supercharged tundra and they didn't even look up the numbers. Also being polite to officers always helps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12