Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST will be available for 2019

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So yes, you are a skeptic, no biggie.... but why would they not bother to make a FiST with all the attention it's received lately? Besides, I know you say it's just a cars.com source, VERY big media is running with it as well, even USA Today, so I doubt that it just wouldn't happen, their really isn't much reason not to... Again, it won't be a very large run, but there will almost certainly be a few last thousand made for '19...
I think we should agree to disagree as we are just going to go around in circles on this. I also do not consider USA today a great media outlet lol. They are a soundbite newpaper that has very little substance to their articles.
Again a matter of opinion so I am leaving to this discussion here. I am perfect willingly to admit I. Was wrong. When I see proof and that proof is when I know Ford is either stocking the car in delaers or allowing people to actually order a 2019 ST not a 2018. Till then I have nothing more to say in this discussion.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I think we should agree to disagree as we are just going to go around in circles on this. I also do not consider USA today a great mecia outlet lol. They are a soundbite newpaper that has very little substance to their articles.
Again a matter of opinion so I am leaving to this discussion here. I am perfect willingly to admit I. Was wrong. When I see proof and that proof is when I know Ford is either stocking the car in delaers or allowing people to actually order a 2019 ST not a 2018. Till then I have nothing more to say in this discussion.
Ok, fair enough, it's not like you're saying it's not going to happen, you just have your doubts until there's proof and I already explained why I think there's no reason to doubt it so I guess we'll see what happens! :)

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Looks like there will be a few new colors.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2019/2019_Fiesta.pdf

I just bought my 17 Orange Spice and am kicking myself a little bit because as a lover of all things green, the Outrageous Green would've been my first pick. Oh well. The price I got on mine couldn't be beaten, so I'm really happy with it.

Colors look same as last year. Not all were available on the st. Any info on what’s available for the st color wise?
Wouldn't be surprised if our brochures are also screwed up. Was leafing through the MY18 Fiesta booklet while waiting for the dealer to do my paperwork and remember it saying you could get the ST in Bohai Bay Mint.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

https://www.fleet.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/brochures/2019/2019_Fiesta.pdf

I just bought my 17 Orange Spice and am kicking myself a little bit because as a lover of all things green, the Outrageous Green would've been my first pick. Oh well. The price I got on mine couldn't be beaten, so I'm really happy with it.
Nice to see some official looking brochures - the local Ford guy thought I was crazy when I brought up the FiST sticking around another year. Shit, they don't even have any on the lot NOW.

Couple nice GT350R's though... (already sold, just awaiting delivery).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Colors look same as last year. Not all were available on the st. Any info on what’s available for the st color wise?
Wouldn't be surprised if our brochures are also screwed up. Was leafing through the MY18 Fiesta booklet while waiting for the dealer to do my paperwork and remember it saying you could get the ST in Bohai Bay Mint.
Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see no changes in ST colors, although having a '19 MY alone is somewhat of a surprise so I guess we'll see!

Ford will probably continue to cut corners and features on the last models. Just as they've done with interior light removal, pen holder, etc. I would probably option for a used '16 than a '19 at this point, assuming the price is right.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Lmao really? Those tiny ass things make or break it??? I wish they would take
More Stuff out to reduce weight.
Same here. [thumb]

Maybe because I'm not a tech addict, I could have lived without a SNYC center touch screen, as well as; cruise control, electric mirrors and windows, etc. if it would have saved even 20 pounds!! ;)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ford will probably continue to cut corners and features on the last models. Just as they've done with interior light removal, pen holder, etc. I would probably option for a used '16 than a '19 at this point, assuming the price is right.
No way, '17 or later with the mechanical and suspension stuff all dialed in and especially if you have an Iphone, no need for a new hub just to run Car Play...

#penholdersmatter

But really, it gives me 0 confidence that Ford hasn't cut something we can't see. People don't think bean counters be how dey is, but it do.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
#penholdersmatter

But really, it gives me 0 confidence that Ford hasn't cut something we can't see. People don't think bean counters be how dey is, but it do.
I hear you, however mechanically it took them 3 and a half MY's to get it all dialed in and it still has cooling issues, etc, I doubt they are going to cut corners on anything mechanically. And with the model itself coming to an end here anyway, I doubt it would make financial sense to even spend any labor time to even look for anything more to try to cut before production ends.

Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see no changes in ST colors, although having a '19 MY alone is somewhat of a surprise so I guess we'll see!
That green I was talking about is going to be a ST-Line exclusive.

One one hand I'm happy because that means I won't have buyers remorse with my Orange Spice. But on the other hand, what the hell? Why can't the top of the line customers get the new colors?