Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST will be available for 2019

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yep, and also a new ST Line for the regular Fiesta that gives it the appearance... great, now slow shitty ones get to look like ours too, they must be getting rid of extra ST body kits they already produced. and the real ST stays 100% the same as the '18... I wonder if they will actually keep making new production? I think they probably will, as while the FoST was made in Michigan, it made sense to switch those union guys building more profitable trucks while continuing to use the low labor cost and NAFTA to keep making the Fiesta in Mexico... So who knows what happens with the Fiesta overall, they could just milk out one last year due to the lower production costs or would they eventually considering converting them to the new gen Europe has to help with CAFE longer term... HMMM.

zanethan

Yep, and also a new ST Line for the regular Fiesta that gives it the appearance... great, now slow shitty ones get to look like ours too, they must be getting rid of extra ST body kits they already produced. and the real ST stays 100% the same as the '18... I wonder if they will actually keep making new production? I think they probably will, as while the FoST was made in Michigan, it made sense to switch those union guys building more profitable trucks while continuing to use the low labor cost and NAFTA to keep making the Fiesta in Mexico... So who knows what happens with the Fiesta overall, they could just milk out one last year due to the lower production costs or would they eventually considering converting them to the new gen Europe has to help with CAFE longer term... HMMM.
Edit- Should have read the article first. Interesting that they're bringing the ST Line here. My guess is it's to help use up the ST specific body panels faster so that they can kill it quicker.

me32

1000 Post Club
The only new news is that there is an ST line. Ford announced months ago that thers was gonna be a 2019 run but a short run.

Damn. So much for me thinking the 2018 I ordered was going to be the "final year of the ST", and thus slightly more desirable come time to sell it. Oh well! [bootyshake]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The only new news is that there is an ST line. Ford announced months ago that thers was gonna be a 2019 run but a short run.
Well damn, many of us had not heard that and had been under the assumption that '18 was the limited run last year...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Edit- Should have read the article first. Interesting that they're bringing the ST Line here. My guess is it's to help use up the ST specific body panels faster so that they can kill it quicker.
That is my theory, creating the ST Line to use up the extra ST body kits... but was wishfully theorizing why they might consider keeping the Fiesta if Mexico production is cheaper anyway and could help with CAFE numbers, then again the current administration is probably going to be relaxing those required MPG numbers either way.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF Ford plans on selling the Mk.8 Fiestas in Mexico, Central, and South America at all, it would be smart to keep the Cuautitlan plant open and producing them, instead of shipping them all the way from England, Europe, etc. ;)

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
This is great news no matter how you slice it. Another year of the FiST, and the SloST will provide spare body part replacement for the future. The people with the SloST are going to want our wheels!

Does this mean there will be a factory backup camera for US cars? It is mandatory for all cars produced after May 2018. Unless they built a bunch of cars before May and just updated them to MY19 maybe.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Does this mean there will be a factory backup camera for US cars? It is mandatory for all cars produced after May 2018. Unless they built a bunch of cars before May and just updated them to MY19 maybe.
All the current model year '18's have them, they didn't wait for the May '18 deadline to start including.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks, I didn't know that! Maybe we'll get lucky and Ford will add something special for the last year. [hah][party]
Yeah, they added the ST Line to help sell off the extra ST body kits... LOL... Seriously, I doubt they will at all, they got all the mechanical tweaks done by MY '17, this is essentially a closeout when they lose about $2000 a car with all the rebates they have to do to move them.

me32

1000 Post Club
Yeah, they added the ST Line to help sell off the extra ST body kits... LOL... Seriously, I doubt they will at all, they got all the mechanical tweaks done by MY '17, this is essentially a closeout when they lose about $2000 a car with all the rebates they have to do to move them.
You are most likey right. But you never know. Ford has been known to make little differences on out going models

The rocker skirts and specific bumper covers are not part of a "kit". There is no short assembly area set aside for installation of kits on Fiesta ST. The ST body type is determined when the build work order is created and the ST specific rocker panels and a few other bits are gathered to be welded into a Fiesta ST body shell.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The rocker skirts and specific bumper covers are not part of a "kit". There is no short assembly area set aside for installation of kits on Fiesta ST. The ST body type is determined when the build work order is created and the ST specific rocker panels and a few other bits are gathered to be welded into a Fiesta ST body shell.
Do you REALLY think it makes a difference if we use the word "kit" or use the overly wordy "ST body rocker panels and associated parts"? I mean, maybe you are just explaining for the purpose of education, but really, who gives a damn... I still think they have extra ST specific body rocker and related parts, it's just far easier to call it a "kit" or just kit... which, by the way, is a word used informally for equipment in general in many English speaking parts of the world.

Do you REALLY think it makes a difference if we use the word "kit" or use the overly wordy "ST body rocker panels and associated parts"? I mean, maybe you are just explaining for the purpose of education, but really, who gives a damn... I still think they have extra ST specific body rocker and related parts, it's just far easier to call it a "kit" or just kit... which, by the way, is a word used informally for equipment in general in many English speaking parts of the world.
Okay. The assembly of Fiestas is a fairly random and unplanned series of events in no particular sequence resulting in complete running vehicles miraculously rolling out the back door . Ford employs dozens of hardworking young Mexicans to do nothing but chase down little bits and pieces to get 600 or so units a day put together.