Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

180F Ford Motorcraft Thermostat now available

koozy

3000 Post Club
Took a month to get this little guy after placing my order as soon as I knew they were coming out, but it's now finally available from Ford Motorcraft for those that want to upgrade, but don't want to use the colder Mishimoto 160F thermostat. You can see that it's clearly stamped 82C on the thermostat, which equates to 179.6F.

Stock OE thermostat temp 90C/194F

Motorcraft thermostat temp 82C/179.6F

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Took a month to get this little guy after placing my order as soon as I knew they were coming out, but it's now finally available from Ford Motorcraft for those that want to upgrade, but don't want to use the colder Mishimoto 160F thermostat. You can see that it's clearly stamped 82C on the thermostat, which equates to 179.6F.

awesome !

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Part number?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I've gone over the install and I've convinced myself it's not that bad LOL [wrenchin]

felopr

I've gone over the install and I've convinced myself it's not that bad LOL [wrenchin]
I mean I haven't done it myself but looking the service manual, yeah...
how did you do it then?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
man i want this but holy hell that install looks ridiculous.

edit: actually it looks like it would be easy to R&R by simply removing the alternator. hmmm

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16

me32

1000 Post Club
Question. Is this made specifically for the 1.6 EcoBoost engine? Did this come from another ford vehicle line up? If so which one? Does anyone have a side by side pic on the stock and 180 tstat?

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Question. Is this made specifically for the 1.6 EcoBoost engine? Did this come from another ford vehicle line up? If so which one? Does anyone have a side by side pic on the stock and 180 tstat?
it's made specifically for the FiST, specifically for the coolant level/excessive temp recall for affected '14-15' model years.

felopr

I haven't done it yet, but someone's done it without taking the whole front end off. the process while in tight confines, with the Ford Service manual procedure and the experience of others to supplement it seems doable.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/17205-How-to-Install-Mishimoto-Racing-Thermostat
yeah, I have the service manual and I know I had to remove the alternator to reach the housing.
Might as well and buy the thermostat and leave it secure in a place and change it out when I change the serpertine belt and pulleys
might as well and also put the lower radiator silicone hose that I bought a while back but couldn't change it because spacing is a pita