Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified vs Dizzy vs JST

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Havn't seen it mentioned but Mountune also sells a AP with a tune for $500. This is not the MP215 but a standard Cobb AP that you can use like normal. I believe it comes with a full tune from Randy.

zanethan

Havn't seen it mentioned but Mountune also sells a AP with a tune for $500. This is not the MP215 but a standard Cobb AP that you can use like normal. I believe it comes with a full tune from Randy.
Good call! Ended up going this route. Got the AP with the Mountune Tune for $457 shipped with a coupon code. The free ( for the first 45 days) revisions really sold me, essentially a custom tune for $50 less.

OP sorry for the sidetrack!

Stratified's throttle mapping was perfect for me and the Dizzy tune is very close to it. I will see if we can adjust it slightly during the datalog review, but even if we don't it's still night and day compared to stock or Mountune.
Which MT: MT215 or custom? Is MT more aggressive compared to the rest?

OP
Speedboosted
Thread Starter #24
Which MT: MT215 or custom? Is MT more aggressive compared to the rest?
It was a custom file. The Mountune is aggressive in some regards, but lazy in others. It hits super hard down low and always broke the tires loose in 2nd, even when it was warm. Like I would be driving around on the Strat tune, holds second fine. Load up Mountune for fun, and tire spin lol. Also, first gear was DEAD. You either had 20 hp or all 200. Very frustrating to drive. Stock was more enjoyable around town. All that being said, the Mountune is still the fastest for sure on my car.

A7xogg

It was a custom file. The Mountune is aggressive in some regards, but lazy in others. It hits super hard down low and always broke the tires loose in 2nd, even when it was warm. Like I would be driving around on the Strat tune, holds second fine. Load up Mountune for fun, and tire spin lol. Also, first gear was DEAD. You either had 20 hp or all 200. Very frustrating to drive. Stock was more enjoyable around town. All that being said, the Mountune is still the fastest for sure on my car.
Sounds like the wgdc was pumped up really high

A7xogg

Sounds like the wgdc was pumped up really high

A7xogg

Perhaps, but I'm not real familiar with what the WGDC does exactly, other than standing for Wastegate Duty Cycle. Lol
Higher percentage = more boost or trying to make more boost. Mountube might also jack up the throttle percentage also to make it harder to modulate throttle. That's why I love my jstperformance tune. Car had stock throttle map, holds 22 psi from 2600 rpm -5k (11 psi wastegate does that) and +6.00 ign correction all the time. Car pulls 24.00+ on the air flow meter on top end.

That's what I'm experiencing, too. It's a ton of torque really fast or no spool at all, if I try to dial the throttle back. I got the hang of it now, after 6 months. But I still guess it wrong sometimes and get either a dip from no boost or a lurch from too much pull when just rowing through gears in traffic [B)] 2nd only holds traction, if I go WOT past 4k. I'm on summers and it's 95F+ outside [giggle]