Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hi from San Francisco

Hi all,
New to the forum and don’t actually have a Fiesta (yet) but very keen to find a recent one in molten orange exterior. Used to own a mk6 golf TDI that I parted with post ‘dieselgate’. Loved that car. Wasnt fast but could be fun on the twisties and the mileage was awesome.

After giving up the VW, I needed a car for the work commute and have been driving my parent’s 08 Camry hybrid for the past 2 years. When I first got the hybrid, the ride was just scarily unacceptable after having the golf. The thing would trip the ABS on every damp road coming to a stop sign, had body roll like a van. Actually went so far as to get some BCR coilovers which helped make the car handle decently for basic driving, lol. The older tech hybrid just doesn’t give the same fuel economy as newer stuff (I average 29mpg On my mixed commute) and it’s just a booooooring car overall.

Anyway, have been missing hatch life and have long toyed with the idea of Gti/golf r but recently have been looking seriously at the fiesta after a friend of mine got a focus ST.

Just a Q about the interior options, I once saw an orange fiesta for sale with grey recaros. Is that something the owner likely swapped themselves or was that color combo an official option? I am lukewarm on the orange recaros but like them a lot more than the cloth option (or the plaid seats of the GTI for that matter).

Can’t wait to delve into the knowledge base this forum has to offer!

Cheers
Geoff

dmb

I too had a mk6 tdi loved it. tried to trade it in on a golf R, 9,500 mi 2 years old looked like it was brand new, they offered 13k ? I payed 28k I told them I would never buy another VW again so I waited 24k and drove it for free for 5 years, not bad. love my fiesta st. so will you.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome and yes to answer your question...
You can order the car with The Smoke Storm Recaros(Grey) or the the Molten Orange Recaros. They are option vs base the seats. I ordered my 2018 Orange Spice with the Smoke Storm Recaro’s.

A lot of the dealers order the Molten Orange cars with Molten Orange Recaros because they matched. Then Ford stopped offering Moltem Orange and Started offering Orange Spice and dealers kept on ordering Molten Orange seats and it looks off. Hence what I ordered.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for info and warm welcomes!

Last edited:
OP
T
Thread Starter #10
Just took a test drive in an ‘18 FiST and had some good fun...I’m pretty shy and didn’t want to terrify my salesperson with harder driving. Also a shame my local Ford ‘ship isn’t near any twisty roads at all.

The other shame was that I think I knew more about the car than the salesperson. So, I’m turning back to you all: any major changes between model years 14-18? The car I drove today had a reverse camera, which is something I didn’t know was available. (It’s not on my criterion for purchase)

Thelejay

Just took a test drive in an ‘18 FiST and had some good fun...I’m pretty shy and didn’t want to terrify my salesperson with harder driving. Also a shame my local Ford ‘ship isn’t near any twisty roads at all.

The other shame was that I think I knew more about the car than the salesperson. So, I’m turning back to you all: any major changes between model years 14-18? The car I drove today had a reverse camera, which is something I didn’t know was available. (It’s not on my criterion for purchase)
This post should help you!
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...hanges-Improvements-to-FiST-Through-the-Years

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Are you set on Motlen Orange? I actually found I prefer Orange Spice kts what I ordered and am about to take delivery on. Yes I got the Smoke Storm Recaro’s . Hit me up in pm as I do know an out of state dealership that has a 2017 Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaros and nothing else. You might get a smoking deal out of them.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
when I bought mine in 15' I was gone on a test drive for about 45 mins...testing my cars abilities! [thumb]

OP
T
Thread Starter #15
Are you set on Motlen Orange? I actually found I prefer Orange Spice kts what I ordered and am about to take delivery on. Yes I got the Smoke Storm Recaro’s . Hit me up in pm as I do know an out of state dealership that has a 2017 Orange Spice with Smoke Storm Recaros and nothing else. You might get a smoking deal out of them.
I'm partial to the more red'ish hue of the molten vs the more yellow spice...that being said, I haven't seen the spice in person. Just going off all the forum and google pics I can find of the 2 in different lighting situations.

A smoking deal would be rad as perhaps the small technical changes made w the '17...but let me see what I can find first w molten orange. Very much appreciate the lead!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm partial to the more red'ish hue of the molten vs the more yellow spice...that being said, I haven't seen the spice in person. Just going off all the forum and google pics I can find of the 2 in different lighting situations.

A smoking deal would be rad as perhaps the small technical changes made w the '17...but let me see what I can find first w molten orange. Very much appreciate the lead!
Well I wanted a Performance Blue had decided I was ok with a Magnetic in 17 and then in the fall of 17 saw a Orange Spice in the sunlight and it jus jumped. The color is awesome in the sunlight. I personally am not a Red fan so the fact that Molten goes red outside of the Sun turned me off. The Orange Spice actually goes more toward a burnt orange and almst copperish outside of the sun not so much yellow.
I wound up with an 18 so I got the back up up camera. I also got a great deal at $19,678 before tax and license.

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
that is a great deal on a new car. would love that price OTD but think just being in CA reduces my haggling power

Dpro

6000 Post Club
that is a great deal on a new car. would love that price OTD but think just being in CA reduces my haggling power
Ah my OTD was pretty much $22,478 Tax and lic is a .... here in California. Though $19,678 before for a Option color($595) Recaros($1995) Ebony Wheels($375) car is still a great deal. Thats 5k off sticker. At least 2k below invoice. Take those options off and you would have a base ST for $16,678. Roughly.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You can dicker here it just depends. I actually went through a couple of dealers before arriving at the one I did they happened to have a 17 arriving and it was the same setup I ordered....But i got buay and it arrived and I about to go up to the dealership and buy it and it got sold. I can safely say I got lucky as I got turned pver to the fleet manager and he was like hell I will just order you one.
It was 1k more than I was going to get the 2017 for. Then the rebates rose and I got a hold of a 2k private cash deal and the next thing you new i was dropping $5400 off sticker. Lol So ordering actually worked out real well. My car is due to arrive any day now too!