Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MWR Borg Warner EFR 6258 Turbo Kit

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Likeing that manifold! Read the article it sounds like a nice really well thought out setup .

I think it would be an awesome choice kit wise I hope they make it.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I love EFR turbos, had the cp-e 8374 kit on my ecoboost Mustang...should spool very quick!~ I saw 20psi on my huge ERF by 3000rpm's
Wonder why they used a stock cast iron manifold and just cut the flange off then used schedule 10 type fittings w/T3 flange to make the log mani set up?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Their reason is in the article [thumb]
thanks
wish I had time to read on-line magazines
seems decent, just never a fan of welding stainless to cast although they seem to know what they are doing

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
thanks
wish I had time to read on-line magazines
seems decent, just never a fan of welding stainless to cast although they seem to know what they are doing
I suspect they cheaped out to keep cost down. It would have been much nice to have a CNC flange.
Functionally the kit seems to perform. Is it worth it? Depends on the price relative to every other competing option out there.

Being a bit OCD this would bother me.

DSC_1747.jpg

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I suspect they cheaped out to keep cost down. It would have been much nice to have a CNC flange.
Functionally the kit seems to perform. Is it worth it? Depends on the price relative to every other competing option out there.

Being a bit OCD this would bother me.

View attachment 18003
I didn't want to say cheaped out in fear of being negative but it does seem that way
!00% agree with them about log mani and not needing the fancy long runner of equal length for most street cars
#truth!
If made correctly, although not as "pretty" it is all you need in most applications

I also saw those steps, not sure if it's an obstruction inside or not???

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9

Dpro

6000 Post Club
While I do agree those welds do not look pretty and the stepping looks a little odd.
I did not notice them till it was brought up here,

if it does not affect functionality well then I am ok with it. This is in an area no one is going to see.

I am a fan of the lower profile log mani especially seeing as on most setups log vs equal length really won’t matter. With the lower profile log style its not so obbious to the po-po if you should unfornately get in that situation. IMO

pwnall1337

Vendor
I did a lot of research on the EFR 6258/6758 when the full race kit dropped. Looking over everything it seems those turbos are a bit dated and that the GEN2 gtx2860r would be a more suitable replacement. The ATP kits spool around 3700~ with the pumaspeed quick spool manifold (.64 a/r), but the Tial . 52 a/r housing version (custom manifold) pools up around 3500 rpm. Both of these setups have similar spool to the 6258/6758 but will make more power and be more efficient up top (less heat). These 2 turbos were not really updated by BW and the gen 2 EFR was only brought into play with the 7163 which is too big IMO unless you're going to do some engine work. It would seem boosting on a budget the ATP .64 kits with the Pumaspeed manifold seem to be the way to go high for 300's or low 400's ($3,050), or if you want over 450whp, then the pumaspeed G25 .72 a/r kit which makes over 20~ psi by 3800 rpm with over 500whp capability.

I am fan of full-race - used to have their setup on a old civic I used to have back in the day. build quality wise full-race has mwr beat by a long shot - infact i bet my old manifold/kit is still running around another civic without any issues related to welds/build quality. I didn't realize they finally released this kit - but this was what they were working on for the D-Sport project car if I am not mistaken. Would be nice to see what a 6758 would do on our cars. IIRC, the main issue with the D-Sport car was fueling.