Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Black Tar/Carbon Build Up Near Cam Gears

OP
B
Thread Starter #21
So I got my car back from the dealership. No leaks were found, neither coolant nor oil, they performed a "pressure test" to verify this. Funny enough they suspected the least likely culprit (in my mind) of something that had melted in the crevice and was never cleaned out. They cleaned that area and topped off the coolant, all is good.

In a way I was hoping it might be a victim of the recall mentioned above and potentially get a new head out of the deal...regardless, I did not have to pay for this service/diagnostic visit. Now I get to continue driving this go-kart [thumb]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
if there's nothing wrong with your car, why would you want a new cylinder head? Why would you want to go through the hassle? and when they pull that head off and put a new one on, they are just inviting more problems. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zanethan

So I got my car back from the dealership. No leaks were found, neither coolant nor oil, they performed a "pressure test" to verify this. Funny enough they suspected the least likely culprit (in my mind) of something that had melted in the crevice and was never cleaned out. They cleaned that area and topped off the coolant, all is good.

In a way I was hoping it might be a victim of the recall mentioned above and potentially get a new head out of the deal...regardless, I did not have to pay for this service/diagnostic visit. Now I get to continue driving this go-kart [thumb]
FYI the recall doesn't replace the head. It re-routes the turbo coolant return line and adds a coolant level sensor to the reservoir.