Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Was he just messing with me?

dmb

that's why I bought this car, you can hot rod this car all day and cops don't look twice. because you don't have to go 80mph to feel fast, 45mph will put a smile on my face on the right road.and that STI might be scratching his head.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I remember playing with a ZL1 not thinking they would play... I was left so far behind it really isnt funny. Definitely humbled me, but yea.. straightline performance isnt why I bought the car.
I got waxed bad by a new ZL1 in my FiST. I don't think he was even flooring it. My first thought was "man I wish I was in my Vette, I would've kept up or beat him." Then a few weeks later I raced one in my Z06 and lost again. 🤣

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About a month ago pulled up next to a WRX at a stoplight on a somewhat rural road.
From the get, I jumped a fender length and held it to around 65 when I shut down (speed limit is 50).
Couple things:
1) Car had a temporary sticker in the back window so it was either brand new or used with a new owner. Probably inexperienced. I should never have been able to get a jump out of the hole against awd.
2) The driver was a girl. It's good to see humans of feminine persuasion running the gears. Once rolling she did fine.
I'm happy with being able to hang with (I assume) is a stock WRX with the few mods I have.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Not necessarily true, check out some videos of Focus RS's launches.
What does that prove? Those are cherry picked launches of someone in someone else's car (usually). It's easy to bog the launch. It's a fine line between bogging it or frying the clutch... Or breaking an axle. Have you ever launched an AWD car with a manual trans?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
What does that prove? Those are cherry picked launches of someone in someone else's car (usually). It's easy to bog the launch. It's a fine line between bogging it or frying the clutch... Or breaking an axle. Have you ever launched an AWD car with a manual trans?
I have. It takes way more skill to launch FWD cars, so let’s not stick up for them AWD peeps ;)

It's called launch control and seems to work quite well on the RS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAybvGUVWgM

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I didn't realize this thread was about the RS.

From a Roll an STi is not as menacing. I used to eat them back in the day with my 240sx with the stock T25 (SR20). I still don't understand the hoopla around the EJ engines - every single EJ i've seen has went boom boom baby before 370whp can be achieved. anything beyond that typically requires a fortified block/sleeves e.t.c. . IMO We have better engines in our cars.

A7xogg

From a Roll an STi is not as menacing. I used to eat them back in the day with my 240sx with the stock T25 (SR20). I still don't understand the hoopla around the EJ engines - every single EJ i've seen has went boom boom baby before 370whp can be achieved. anything beyond that typically requires a fortified block/sleeves e.t.c. . IMO We have better engines in our cars.
AWD rules dude!! seriously i just think its this awd hype that people in the car scene seemed to be obsessed with. They think every awd car is a rally car

Did the guys who said launching AWD is hard actually drive more than 2 cars in their life?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Did the guys who said launching AWD is hard actually drive more than 2 cars in their life?
Yes but we just never got any driving lessons from the expert. please share with us how you are such an expert on launching an AWD.

Ummm... im gonna take the swiss guy for his word.. AWD is to a swiss man like BBQ is to a texan. Essentially a rite of passage

Ford Community Posts