Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust hangers question.

This might sound silly. I've installed 3 of the Cobb hangers. And the stock blue one at the flex pipe is the softest one (does not get a replacement from the kit). I went ahead and used a replaced brown stock hanger instead of the blue one since the former is a bit stiffer. Figured the reduction in movement is good. But I'm a bit concerned about the flex pipe potentially taking more of the force now. I do have a RMM. Thoughts?

I think you will be just fine. The DP is supported on 3 sides (to the turbo, the exhaust hangar and the rmm). If your entire exhaust was provided a way to pivot substantially from the tips side I would be concerned. I am running a catless DP that is not supported by the rmm with beefier mounts. Never had an issue.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
This might sound silly. I've installed 3 of the Cobb hangers. And the stock blue one at the flex pipe is the softest one (does not get a replacement from the kit). I went ahead and used a replaced brown stock hanger instead of the blue one since the former is a bit stiffer. Figured the reduction in movement is good. But I'm a bit concerned about the flex pipe potentially taking more of the force now. I do have a RMM. Thoughts?
I did the same thing, after a few weeks all I noticed was a little squeaking from the flex pipe area on cold start for a few minutes each time I start the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I put a FOURTH Cobb poly hanger in that location, with a factory down pipe, and NO problems for > 8K miles so far. ;)
(I do have a CP-E RMM though.)