Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Road Trip

I’ve had this car just shy of two years now, I didn’t think it was possible to love it anymore; I went on a little road trip the other day, and god this car is superb. I posted a few pictures in the other thread, but here's some more.

Just a few miles from home, I hopped on PCH and drove north. Finally outside of the relentless LA traffic, in Malibu I raced a Mini Cooper for miles. Through the dunes of Guadalupe, and quick stop in Morrow Bay; still yet to see a cop.

Eventually I found myself driving through an army base. The speed signs disappeared, only warnings of curves for the next 20+ miles. I was doing 80 in suggested 30. Yes! Adrenalin pumping, all my energy focused on keeping my car on the road.

The Fiesta is a monster in the canyons, but this new road to camp, a dirt mountain ridge road recommended only for 4x4’s. My summer tires and tight suspension struggled at times, but meh, I pushed through. Banks and hills, no problem, but eventually it let to this dust/sand pit hill climb thing, I’ve only ever seen something like it in Namibia — the land that kills cars. So sadly just two miles from my goal, I turned back. However, along the road I found a bad ass spot. Since it was not the camp ground, it was isolated. Literally on the edge of the mountain overlooking the clouds.

The next morning I woke early and took the dirt road back to the paved, which led to an epic switchback road down the mountain to the coast. Then, I seemed to have all of PCH to myself exploring Big Sur.

At Half Moon bay it was time to turn around. Backtracking, I found an amazing side road near Paso Robles, 12 miles into the narrow single lane road I pulled over and set up camp again.

The final day I woke up and made my way towards Highway 33, my second time here. If you don’t know it, google it. What a dream.

I love this little car.

Awesome pics! You took a much more scenic route than I have on my two roadtrips (3172mi roundtrip) to California in my fiST haha

Thank you for detailing your adventure to us, we need a road trip section so we can get more experiences to live vicariously through!

Awesome. Part of my September trip will be on the PCH. Sadly I have to fly into California so I'll be driving whatever rental car they provide me and not my Fiesta but I know it will be a great trip. Flying into SF, driving out to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon NPs, then shooting out to the PCH to loop back up to SF. That will be my first time in California.

I drove my Fiesta up Sandia Crest in New Mexico, on the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado, Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado, did some dirt road driving on the Moki Dugway in Utah, to Monument Valley in Utah/Arizona, and into Zion National Park in Utah last September.

Probably next year I'll drive out to Tennessee and hit the Tail of the Dragon among other roads out there.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Awesome. Part of my September trip will be on the PCH. Sadly I have to fly into California so I'll be driving whatever rental car they provide me and not my Fiesta but I know it will be a great trip. Flying into SF, driving out to Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon NPs, then shooting out to the PCH to loop back up to SF. That will be my first time in California.

I drove my Fiesta up Sandia Crest in New Mexico, on the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado, Mesa Verde National Park in Colorado, did some dirt road driving on the Moki Dugway in Utah, to Monument Valley in Utah/Arizona, and into Zion National Park in Utah last September.

Probably next year I'll drive out to Tennessee and hit the Tail of the Dragon among other roads out there.
There are two roads you must drive one is HwY 25 ( noted as one of the top motrcyle roads in Cailfornia 70 miles of almost complete uninterrupted-bliss) down through Pinnacles from Gilroy to King City then HWY 198 out to Coalinga from King City. Its an awesome roller coster road through farmland and hils.

Last edited:
Leaving Wisconsin for Seattle Wa. tomorrow then driving down Oregon coast Hwy 101 to Eureka Ca. Staying in 8 cities in 9 days. Will be driving over 5000 miles roundtrip. Me, the wife and 18 y.o. daughter. Drove my 16 Dodge Dart to California twice. But driving the FiST this time. Much more fun to drive. Been to 43 states so far.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Leaving Wisconsin for Seattle Wa. tomorrow then driving down Oregon coast Hwy 101 to Eureka Ca. Staying in 8 cities in 9 days. Will be driving over 5000 miles roundtrip. Me, the wife and 18 y.o. daughter. Drove my 16 Dodge Dart to California twice. But driving the FiST this time. Much more fun to drive. Been to 43 states so far.
Wave when / if you drive thru Spokane Wa!

There are two roads you must drive one is HwY 25 ( noted as one of the top motrcyle roads in Cailfornia 70 miles of almost complete uninterrupted-bliss) down through Pinnacles from Gilroy to King City then HWY 198 out to Coalinga from King City. Its an awesome roller coster road through farmland and hils.
Hwy 25 will be a detour. If I have time I'll hit some of it. My route goes directly on 198 though. Maybe I'll drive up to Pinnacles if I have time and hit that section of 25.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hwy 25 will be a detour. If I have time I'll hit some of it. My route goes directly on 198 though. Maybe I'll drive up to Pinnacles if I have time and hit that section of 25.
198 is definitely a blast. Ya i understand about the detour part if you get a chance thought I don’t think you will regret it.lol

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I will make it a goal of mine to drive on Big Sur. I was going to when I drove to Cali last year but it wasn't in the books for the time and places we were going to.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Seeing that you ride, I'd recommend you do that route on 2 wheels if you can.
As much as I would LOVE that, riding my Monster that far would turn my ass into dust lol. I've ridden 2 hours on pretty much straight highway roads but anything after 3 or so hours I'm dead. I would definitely be down to get a hitch on the ST and trailer it down there though and have the best of both worlds. It would be amazing.

koozy

3000 Post Club
As much as I would LOVE that, riding my Monster that far would turn my ass into dust lol. I've ridden 2 hours on pretty much straight highway roads but anything after 3 or so hours I'm dead. I would definitely be down to get a hitch on the ST and trailer it down there though and have the best of both worlds. It would be amazing.
I was actually thinking you could rent a bike. You can rent one in LA, ride up HWY 1, etc. and drop of the bike at one of their locations up north (they're usually pretty close to an airport), then fly back to pick up your car. But, yeah it would be more than a 3+ hour ride.

Just got back from a 11 day/5400 mile road trip in the Fist. Three adults and a trunk jammed pack full of stuff. Started out In Seattle. Drove down 101 coast highway to Crescent City Ca. Also stayed in Seattle, and Olympia Wa, Portland, and Eugene Or. Car performed flawlessly. A real hoot to drive on winding mountian roads. And so nimble for passing road hogs on the breezeway. Gas milage varied from 37 to 27 mpg. Driving the Fist to Albuquerque Nm. in Oct.