Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Vacuum Lines

Wondering what size vacuum hoses I’ll need to connect to my boost control solenoid (from an ATP quiktap on the turbo outlet elbow) and to my Turbosmart EWG. The vacuum line that came with my MAP tap is perfect (and that silver clamp) but the vacuum hose that came with the Peron kit is too small. From what I can tell, everything uses the same size as the hose/clamp that came with the MAP tap (I believe it was made by CPE). Any ideas?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wondering what size vacuum hoses I’ll need to connect to my boost control solenoid (from an ATP quiktap on the turbo outlet elbow) and to my Turbosmart EWG. The vacuum line that came with my MAP tap is perfect (and that silver clamp) but the vacuum hose that came with the Peron kit is too small. From what I can tell, everything uses the same size as the hose/clamp that came with the MAP tap (I believe it was made by CPE). Any ideas?
Just remember....Its better to be too tight than too loose...most good vacuum line can only be bought online...especially in colors and good quality silicone. I've have never seen colors and a good quality source from any retail autostore....ie...Napa....Oreilly...Vatozone...Advanced...etc. What would be nice is if a vendor offered silicone vacuum hose kit's in different colors pre-cut and by the Ft. If needed!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
Just remember....Its better to be too tight than too loose...most good vacuum line can only be bought online...especially in colors and good quality silicone. I've have never seen colors and a good quality source from any retail autostore....ie...Napa....Oreilly...Vatozone...Advanced...etc. What would be nice is if a vendor offered silicone vacuum hose kit's in different colors pre-cut and by the Ft. If needed!

That's what I'm finding as well. From what I can tell, I'm almost positive it's 3/16" (4.7mm) inside diameter. Same stuff that came off the old turbo/WGA. If I were to guess I'd say it's about 6mm outside diameter.

My MRX kit advised internal diameter 4mm (very tight fit). It fit the boost solenoid fittings but not the WG fitting (had to run a step up to a 5mm). Beware the solenoid fitting on the top. I broke mine moving a clamp into position and had to pick one up from the local Ford dealer for $78.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's what I'm finding as well. From what I can tell, I'm almost positive it's 3/16" (4.7mm) inside diameter. Same stuff that came off the old turbo/WGA. If I were to guess I'd say it's about 6mm outside diameter.
Parts store shit will do in a pinch...But I always give my cars the better stuff and dont cut corners and give it quality parts. Plus I like engine bay bling with silicone hoses....colors give it some snap.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My MRX kit advised internal diameter 4mm (very tight fit). It fit the boost solenoid fittings but not the WG fitting (had to run a step up to a 5mm). Beware the solenoid fitting on the top. I broke mine moving a clamp into position and had to pick one up from the local Ford dealer for $78.
Did you try to talk to Steve @ tasca parts or search online....that's highway robbery man! Holy shit!$78....I'd have told them to pound sand!

For the boost solenoid I was expecting as much from Ford... also I was in a pinch, wifeys car is in the shop for warranty work and I needed a way to get to work come Monday. My Ford dealer did surprise me and actually came through for me with parts when everyone else did not even have the solenoid in the system. Said its too "new."