Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally found good LED headlights but what's up with the tri-pod bulb tip "buckets" in the non-Euro headlight assemblies?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
oEdRo 4-sided LED review and bulb tip cover frustrations

So after a lot of research and trial and error I finally found some modern LED's that work great after seeing them recommended on some of the FB groups. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J89RYP
I got them on Flash Sale for $27.99 and very impressed with color and lighting performance. They are 4 sided with tiny bulb tips that mimics the halogen filament spot quite well and actually easily fit into the bulb tip covers in the headlight assembly. Unfortunately I bent the one on the more difficult to install to passenger side and have some distortion after putting in replacement halogen bulbs when my car was just a few days old after despising the brown yellow factory bulbs.

Of course using a cell phone, I forgot to disable auto settings and they come out a little on the brilliant side, but still are a pretty accurate representation... 3rd and 4th is with factory foglights on, the others foglights off.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So after a lot of research and trial and error I finally found some modern LED's that work great after seeing them recommended on some of the FB groups. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075J89RYP
I got them on Flash Sale for $27.99 and very impressed with color and lighting performance. They are 4 sided with tiny bulb tips that mimics the halogen filament spot quite well and actually easily fit into the weird little tri-pod bulb tip assemblies in the headlight assembly... I'm assuming those things are there to ensure the bulb is installed straight for proper light dispersion but they seem to distort both regular/stock halogen or the LED's I put in... I think I bent the one on the more difficult to install to passenger side and have some distortion after putting in replacement halogen bulbs after despising the brown yellow factory bulbs. Does anyone have knowledge on these and know if they can or should be removed at all? I can try to post some pics of how they look against the garage door later tonight if it helps but with LED side lit, I'm thinking it may be worth removing the tri-pods if it makes proper sense...
Post some pics bud!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you buy the 90mm caps so they could fit due to the fan or was it a tight fit?

Last edited:
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Did you buy the 90mm caps so they could fit due to the fan or was it a tight fit?
If you are referring to the rear "dust caps" I see no reason to run them with the bulb itself acting as the seal into the headlight assembly and also want best cooling possible as LED's do dim with heat... there ARE the open ended ones that will let the LED fans hang out the back though, if you want the best of all worlds... They are on the LED product page under "Frequently bought together"... honestly, I THINK the stock ones may have fit but would have blocked the fans quite a bit and didn't want heat trapped... Also, the driver module and cord for it wrapped around in the assembly very easily, nothing hanging out....

I'll post some pics tonight, but that will be late, like 10pm pacific with it being summer and dark until late here...

KKaWing

If you are referring to the rear "dust caps" I see no reason to run them with the bulb itself acting as the seal into the headlight assembly and also want best cooling possible as LED's do dim with heat... there ARE the open ended ones that will let the LED fans hang out the back though, if you want the best of all worlds... They are on the LED product page under "Frequently bought together"... honestly, I THINK the stock ones may have fit but would have blocked the fans quite a bit and didn't want heat trapped... Also, the driver module and cord for it wrapped around in the assembly very easily, nothing hanging out....

I'll post some pics tonight, but that will be late, like 10pm pacific with it being summer and dark until late here...
Headlight beam pattern pictures are best in the dark anyways :p don't mind waiting at all.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Moisture and dirt are the enemy in this situation...there are baffles built in and inside the housing things are not sealed....but I am waiting on the spread shot...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Headlight beam pattern pictures are best in the dark anyways :p don't mind waiting at all.
Pics added! They came out a little on the brilliant side using a modern cell phone with auto settings, but still give a good representation

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Moisture and dirt are the enemy in this situation...there are baffles built in and inside the housing things are not sealed....but I am waiting on the spread shot...
Hmm, then I'll consider adding those special covers but haven't had a problem before running my last car just like that too, and I live in a wet state...