Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird problems

Drove to my friends house today after puting some ravenol in my transmission, everything went well with that but when I left my airbag light came on and I had no audio of any kind from my speakers. Drove home fine but still no audio and airbag light still on. Only when I turn the engine off will the audio come back on. I also unplugged the connections to the seats and plugged them back in, still airbag light comes on. I have a little scan tool but no codes show even though the light is on. At this point I will prob take it to the dealership, car only has 5700 miles.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
In order to read SRS/ Airbag lights you must have a scan tool that can access that program/Function. There are alot of tools on the good old interweb that can do Powertain codes...ABS codes and SRS codes. They are relatively cheap $75-100. I have multiple scan tools and keep them in just about every vehicle I have.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #3
Well with my car still having plenty of warranty, I will probably just take it to them rather than buy a scan tool just for srs codes.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well with my car still having plenty of warranty, I will probably just take it to them rather than buy a scan tool just for srs codes.

That's fine....But trust me...its a great idea to have one around within an arms reach. But then again what do I know...

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As per [MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION], you must have a scan tool that reads airbags.
Airbag codes will not reset themselves, at least they never did when I was working on them.

This however, does not explain the audio failure.

It is best that you go over again everything that you did.

Dave

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #7
That is wierd, DId you happen to unplug anything?
Nope. I did however unplug the seats and plugged them back in to see if that would help. It did not. I've made an appointment with the dealership.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As per [MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION], you must have a scan tool that reads airbags.
Airbag codes will not reset themselves, at least they never did when I was working on them.

This however, does not explain the audio failure.

It is best that you go over again everything that you did.

Dave
ABS and SRS codes will always have to be fixed before they can go out....its a safety precaution built into every vehicle to stop every hunyuck Fu#k from turning them off and selling the vehicle to some unsuspecting schmuck wagon who needs a car and doesn't research or know the right questions to ask...

A7xogg

Nope. I did however unplug the seats and plugged them back in to see if that would help. It did not. I've made an appointment with the dealership.

I was thinking mabye crash bar sensor or something in the front of the car, the radio thing is just wierd

Quisp

1000 Post Club
ABS and SRS codes will always have to be fixed before they can go out....its a safety precaution built into every vehicle to stop every hunyuck Fu#k from turning them off and selling the vehicle to some unsuspecting schmuck wagon who needs a car and doesn't research or know the right questions to ask...

First thing I ask. Did you or did you not disable air bags and abs.👍

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #11
Well good news! My car decided to fix itself! Of course only after I made an appointment with the dealership I bought it from. Went to start it yesterday to see if it was still doing it, it was. So I called and made an appointment. About an hour later I decided to drive it to work and when I started it, all was well. Something else was weird though, my ac turned on right away and was set at 72 degrees. I did not run the ac the night before when I drove it though? Super confused. The only thing I can think of was that when I drained the transmission fluid, I had the car jacked up at an angle for the fluid to drain out. Maybe that effected the sensors some how...
Still going to take it to the dealer tho

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I changed my oil and the blower motor quit work'n. Aside from the remote possibility of the windshield leaking water and having tilted the vehicle, the two couldn't possibly be more unrelated. Just chalk it up to coincidence. Reseated a relay or fuse and that seemed to fix it.

In the menus for the radio, you'll have an option to reset. Also, turn off Bluetooth. For whatever reason, every now and then Sync will get confused and mute the audio as though I'm on call, when I'm not. Turning off BT works around it. If you have the updated USB ports, may want to make sure nothing is connected to them.

Having seen the wire routing diagrams in the factory manual, it would surprise me if there weren't a common wire harness between a dash airbag and Sync.

OP
SpiceyorangeST
Thread Starter #13
Well the dealer finally got back to me. Turns out the apim is bad and an airbag relay was "over energizing". 1 day for the relay and 1-2 weeks for the apim.