Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

setting up new coilovers

I purchased the Megan Racing coilovers for the FiST and want to set the height before I install them. I only want to drop between 0 to 20mm all around, but I do not know what length to set them at. the spring rates are linear and 200 at the front and 170 at the rear. I plan to put an inch of preload on the springs at both ends. I really just want to have a stiffer spring rate because I'm using 17x9s with a 235-40 tire and it will only rub the fenders when I hit a big bump on a highway, and when I am saving time on the interchanges the body will roll enough to contact before the tires slip. There will likely have to be adjustments after they have been put on the car, but I'm trying to get them as close as possible while they are easy to access

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would look into getting stiffer, and maybe slightly taller Swift, or Hyperco coil over replacement springs for that setup (as long as the Megan's valving could handle that OK). ;)

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
The ride height and spring preload for this setup is separate so they can be changed without affecting the other, so new or taller springs aren’t really a comcern. I’m just trying to figure out the length of the stock suspension and go from there really

A7xogg

You can adjust while there on the car, just put them on and adjust the height on the car

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I just put on the coilovers and had to just use the stock suspension as a reference. The only part worth setting up before installation is the spring pretension and the damper adjustment. I lined up the bracket that connected to the sway bar, which made the total length about 40mm shorter, which worried me because I did not want to lower the car. I had put 20mm pretension on the springs (5k/mm front and 4 rear) and it was sitting at the same height (not measured) when I took it off stilts.

Tomorrow I'll measure the stock suspension and post the measurements so that it can help others. That's one thing that I could not find when I was looking into this shit

The springs will settle, too. So you'll probably get about 1/4" lower over a few weeks.