Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2 Likes

Thread: Stuck factory oil filter

Member 300 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Spring
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    That C-clamp idea is the first I've heard of it, but a great idea. I now use K&N filters which have a hex on the end that you can use a 1in wrench to loosen/tighten. No more busted knuckles. I put them on hand tight and every oil change I still gotta use a wrench to loosen it.

Member 163 Rep Points LaserWhisperer's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Portland
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity, do all of you apply a bit of oil on the new filter o-ring? Greatly helps when removing.
    I use these big bastards if the filter gets stubborn
    https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-ga...ers/141500_0_0

New Member 28 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Quebec
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally took that damn thing off!

Took my both hand to clamp the wrench and it was still slipping like crazy but unbolting little bit by little bit.

Medals
    City
    JD
    State
    PR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alkoran View Post
    Finally took that damn thing off!

Took my both hand to clamp the wrench and it was still slipping like crazy but unbolting little bit by little bit.

Glad you take take it out, as a user of those clamps, just remove those plastic covers by the tip of the clamp, it just makes them slip imo, just use them without them
    IDK why but on the factory they torque the hell out a oil filter. in my car it wasn't that hard as your but I had Kawasaki ninja that I had to pass a screwdriver from side to side to remove it
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST, Recaros, Sunroof
    Cobb AccessPort (custom tune), NGK LTR7IX-11 (1 step colder), Resonator Delete, Turbosmart EM Plumb-back, Ramair blue intake silicone hose
    Velossa Tech Big Mouth Performance Blue, Ramair crossover pipe gold taped, Whoosh hotside J charge pipe, Whoosh Blue Silicone charge hoses , Whoosh symposer delete
    PowerFlex RMM inserts, Poweflex Motor and Transmision bushing inserts, Damond Oil Catch Can w/VTA & nylon sleeves, ST200 Airbox with Ramair filter
    Hawk 5.0 brake pads, Mishimoto radiator hoses, LaminX headlight protectors, OEM all weather mats inc/ trunk, Maxon Design front lip v2, CPE FMIC
    Boomba short throw tranny kit, Boomba tranny solid bushings, Rota titans Gold 17x7.5 , Mountune Radiator, TB Performance stage 3 braces

Senior Member 711 Rep Points koozy's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that thing looks mangled, albeit due to the tool; but at least it came off. Mine didn't get mangled with the spider tool I used and I manage to still cut the OE Assembly Line filter open to have a look and compare it to the FL910S that was replacing it.

New Member 10 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Winnipeg
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the first oil change tonight. 1500 miles. Crushed the shit out of the filter. Had to use the plier style to get it off. The metal strap just mangled it.

Member 217 Rep Points LILIKE16ST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Saltville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please be very careful when this happens. I had the filter on too tight oil change before last and I tried and tried to get it off and I got my dad to try and help me too and he used the old screwdriver method...ended up poking a hole in the side of the factory oil cooler that the filter screws on to and I had to replace that luckily tasca has them for like 40 shipped. I would have just upgraded to the mishi but I don't track the car and I didn't have 500 bucks laying around to throw on an oil cooler upgrade at that time and needed my car back as it's my only car lol. I'm using k&n filters again now

New Member 13 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what worked for me on my first oil change on the FiST. - https://www.irwin.com/tools/locking-...locking-pliers

I've been using this after the first oil change - https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-ga...ers/141500_0_0

Senior Member 694 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Blaine
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by eric tee View Post
    This is what worked for me on my first oil change on the FiST. - https://www.irwin.com/tools/locking-...locking-pliers

I've been using this after the first oil change - https://www.autozone.com/shop-and-ga...ers/141500_0_0
    That pliers looks like a tasty tool to add to any repertoire for oil changes.....your next link no worky!
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12