Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E -10 gasoline not e-15

Jerickson88

All gas in my area that I'm aware of is E10. We do have a few spots that sell pure gasoline with no ethanol in it but it is significantly more expensive.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Oh the irony.. atleast it’s not 91. I was always curious what the content sticker was implying. But I’m not running any mixes or blends until I’m paid off/extended warranty is up

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #23
i went to this maverick gas station there they had e-15 with octane of 86 will this damage the car?

it was @ 2.65 a gallon versus 3.45 a gallon for 91 their 91 is 10% ethanol

redmoe

i went to this maverick gas station there they had e-15 with octane of 86 will this damage the car?

I wouldn't run it the manual states 86 octane min. Most likely it will not hurt the car as it has been stated before that the ECU will correct for knock by retarding the timing. Keep in mind that with the low octane in combination with e15 your fuel mileage will suffer.

danbfree

3000 Post Club

87 is minimum, I'd run a few gallons of the 91 and the rest that 86 to be 100% safe and not cost too much.