Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2JR Full Race Aluminum Radiator

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

TheStig

I'm with ya. Until you've been in 95+ degree heat with 90-100% humidity, you can't imagine how it feels, or how much your car HATES IT.
120 degree ambient temperature with probably 135 degrees coming off the pavement. I feel ya man.

But its a "dry heat" so little to no humidity.

Got my tracking number today! Thanks Joe and Brock for the help! Says I'll get it the 26th so should have some time to install it next weekend and off to the event the week after that!

Rhinopolis

Why did this thread die? I am seeking a good aftermarket radiator option, but none seem to exist at present? What have I missed?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The cost was super high even for a batch of them so they were not made.

You can order one, or at least used to, it is very expensive but a great radiator I am quite sure.

Option is to DIY a Mishimoto radiator like I did but be prepared for a lot of time invested or lots of money if paying to get it done well, if paying for labor get the 2J for sure!

Rhinopolis

I read your build thread RAAMaudio, and kudos to you but no thanks lol! I don't mind spending $$$ for quality and especially if it works, but I can't imagine something that is a known shortcoming going too much further w/out someone mass marketing a quality option and for a reasonable cost. I will call 2jr and inquire at least, I might be pleasantly surprised?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It will be expensive but a very good radiator.

I have spent more on a custom one for a vette with built in trans cooler, it was painful but Ron Davis builds great stuff as I had one in a race vette I bought that was bent, looked like hell, did not leak and still cooled good enough to keep using.

This is another brand but a good one.

-------

I think I was already well into the install when I found out the 2J could be ordered. If I had to do it over again, I would of ordered one!

Is this a direct drop in?

Earlier in the thread it was stated that there was some custom work required for the AC condenser. Is this still true?

Does it retain the stock fan setup?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=542]joe@2j-racing[/MENTION]....

Since your new Radiator is 1" thicker do you think others that have deeper FMIC's (i.e. DHMS) will have any fitment issues with the front face of the new radiator rubbing against the back face of the new FMIC's now available?

Just checking to see if this has been verified by anyone?

Rhinopolis

If all of the details regarding fitment and install are laid out very clearly, I am interested in the group buy option. I am not interested in modifying the car too heavily in order to make a unit work, and if that were the case then I would wait untill a more bolt up option becomes available.

2JR Must not have much interest in selling these things since we have gotten no feedback on the questions regarding fitment.

If I have to pull the whole front of the car off to swap radiators, I would prefer to go with an American unit.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
2JR Must not have much interest in selling these things since we have gotten no feedback on the questions regarding fitment.

If I have to pull the whole front of the car off to swap radiators, I would prefer to go with an American unit.
I would prefer an American made part as well, if it is drop in and at a reasonable price. There seems to be about 5 of us interested. It's a shame they aren't answering the questions quickly. That mishimoto radiator isn't that far away..

codestp202

[MENTION=542]joe@2j-racing[/MENTION] why aren't you guys making any more of these? I would love a rad in the 200-300 price range from a group buy. I can't stomach paying 500+ from Mishimoto.