Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone else excited for the Veloster N / i30 N?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The car is estimated at $28,000 base. The LSD is optional depending on all the options that are available this car could hit $35,000. who knows what kind of incentives they will put on it within a year, but I would never pay that kind of sticker price for that car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford St, you know I love ya man,, and u r correct.. too much money for too little.. a beefed up FiST laps a piss blue N.

HBEcoBeaST

Now this is a car. I just need some money.

https://youtu.be/PrejZp1JECs

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Nice car. But I think they sold out of all of them before they even hit the road.

I believe most FiST drivers would appreciate a Ferrari over a lambo. Lambos are more heavy boulevard cruisers/bruisers where Ferraris are more throw it into a turn and gather it by the Apex. Both are amazing machines, I'm very lucky to have access to exotic cars and owners willing to allow me some wheel, track and Hoon time.

Back on topic the i30 looks pretty epic in the stats department but I'm expecting a sticker in the mid/upper 30s probably around STI pricing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Pricing wise it looks like Hyundai is forgetting that they are Hyundai. As soon as it comes out a few will get sold, but I anticipate a bunch sitting for a while. Compare the pricing vs a genesis coupe, there’s no reason a veloster should be anywhere near where gen coupe pricing was. Putting it into wrx price territory is a really really risky move.

Edging into golf r/civic type r/focus RS territory is... ambitious

I’m optimistic but let’s not forget how awful the last gen veloster was.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
At THAT price point I would rather just find a used 'last run' special edition FoRS (with the front Quaife already installed from the factory), and address ANY of it's other 'weaknesses' that almost everyone on here seems to harp on soooo relentlessly. [thumbdown]

(For about the same, or less total coin. ;) )

Dpro

6000 Post Club
At THAT price point I would rather just find a used 'last run' special edition FoRS (with the front Quaife already installed from the factory), and address ANY of it's other 'weaknesses' that almost everyone on here seems to harp on soooo relentlessly. [thumbdown]

(For about the same, or less total coin. ;) )
And With the FoRS own something that is a lot more Iconic.

Hyundai is marketing this car between the Focus ST/Gti and the Type R/ Sti, base price will be under 30 and the only option will be the performance pack. I'm thinking that will bump the price above 30 but not close to 35k. Hyundai's strong point has always been value for money, they know this and will price the car accordingly. Also, 730iacshcnitzer if your piss is blue you have serious problems.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hyundai is marketing this car between the Focus ST/Gti and the Type R/ Sti, base price will be under 30 and the only option will be the performance pack. I'm thinking that will bump the price above 30 but not close to 35k. Hyundai's strong point has always been value for money, they know this and will price the car accordingly. Also, 730iacshcnitzer if your piss is blue you have serious problems.
Yeah that would be arsenic poisoning.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
And With the FoRS own something that is a lot more Iconic.
Yes, as it is the ONLY time an RS version of ANY Euro Ford model was ever offered to the US public, fully legal, with NO 'gray market' shenanigans necessary to be on OUR roads (and SADLY, it looks like the very LAST TIME as well). [driving] [wink] [raceflag]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The performance pack sounds like it’s going to be mandatory if it’s the only way to get an lsd. Hyundai drivers, all the ones I’ve been to personally at least, are a pain to buy a car from- even with cash on hand.

OP
S
Thread Starter #91
I can't see spending more than $28K on an LSD-equipped version.

The only options from what I've heard will be the color and the performance pack-which will include larger wheels/tires/brakes/LSD/25 more horsepower/maybe adaptive dampers not sure if that is standard also not sure if the non performance pack will have suspension tuned differently for smaller wheels/tires with no limited slip. Albert Biermann did a technical presentation, it's on YouTube. I'm betting with performance pack under 32500 or maybe less [thumb]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I’ll be curious to see what the actual otd prices are. You can still get some pretty nutty deals on vw’s at or near 20k. I’m just remembering how difficult it was to try to buy a genesis coupe, like they were super exclusive or something :rolleyes: markups, refusing to honor truecar/usaa negotiated pricing after i was there in-person.

I am strongly considering selling my 2016 Kona, recaro, 3980mi on the clock for the VN when it comes out.

I would also have a bunch of BNIB CPE stuff for sale... which my make the VN affordable for me. I find the VN to be very appealing due to it sounding line a well rounded package for the money without modding.

I've also havent found any strong data regarding the i30N being very tunable. just speculation, and that might be a slight concern for those who like to mod.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I am strongly considering selling my 2016 Kona, recaro, 3980mi on the clock for the VN when it comes out.

I would also have a bunch of BNIB CPE stuff for sale... which my make the VN affordable for me. I find the VN to be very appealing due to it sounding line a well rounded package for the money without modding.

I've also havent found any strong data regarding the i30N being very tunable. just speculation, and that might be a slight concern for those who like to mod.
Yeah the prior gen veloster wasn’t really a mod friendly car, it was budget through and through. I really hope the N cars do it right.

XanRules

Yeah the prior gen veloster wasn’t really a mod friendly car, it was budget through and through. I really hope the N cars do it right.
My old Veloster had a TON of "prototype" parts on it when I sold it - lots of companies were planning on making parts before they realized it wasn't a mod-friendly car and a pretty weak platform.

Good afternoon Gentlemen, Scholars. Why is Hyundai relevant? The market is ripe for an affordable performance small car. But lets be honest, the small fast car market includes all places excluding the US. Why is that? Ford provided a 3 cylinger FiST for all of the world. Why was US excluded? Two reasons come to mind. 1> US drivers can not exceed 75/80 MPH(legally) . 2> The road system is so horrible in US. Only in US can a pothole be turned into a bump in the road in an attempt to repair. Ford sells automobiles for which the conditions allow. Why is it that you do not see standing water on the road surface on European roads? Why can you drive at high speeds on European roads during a rain storm without fear of hydroplaning? It is interesting to know that European roads are constructed to allow a 5% slope to shed water. This reduces the probability to of water that might puddle, or stand. The point is, Ford knows that the roads in US will not improve, so the market gives way to trucks and off road vehicles. This is why Fist is dead in US.

and this is why the Hyundai can move in and be available to offer options for small car buyers who want speed, space. affordability. VW failed, Renault failed, Honda failed, Ford won, but moved on. Fix the roads, and maybe the Mk8 FiST will come to US... Rant complete, have a great weekend.