Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust install without lift ?

In the process of picking up an aftermarket exhaust and was wondering if I needed a lift to remove the old stock exhaust and install the new one.

I have jack stands and a flat driveway where i hoped to do it with help of another person. I have a sawzall and plan on cutting the old exhaust in a straight section to get it out.

Thanks in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaserWhisperer

I did mine in my garage with a jack and stands.

I jacked up the driver's side enough to let me work unencumbered enough to get the job done.

FYI I'd cut the stock piece right before it hops over the rear axle. That way you can slide the muffler section straight out without having to twist and bend and fight with it to come out.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone ! Looks like I’ll be taking up the challenge of doing it myself. Mind you I have no experience but I’m pretty handy and willing to try it myself.

Any advice or recommendations ?

Ps- I’ll post pictures of the progress next week.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks everyone ! Looks like I’ll be taking up the challenge of doing it myself. Mind you I have no experience but I’m pretty handy and willing to try it myself.

Any advice or recommendations ?

Ps- I’ll post pictures of the progress next week.

Soak the down pipe flange bolts/nuts in Kroil, or PB Blaster a day or so before doing the swap, if the car is any older than a year, or has seen ANY salt/winter use. [wink]

Fear of snapping/rounding one of those fasteners off, and having NO OTHER car at all to use to run and get replacements/parts is the ONLY reason I did not attempt to do this job myself, and took it to a shop.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Great recommendation. The car has definitely seen some winters here in the northeast ! Thank you!

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Just made my first purchase (even though it was small) from Whoosh! Nice and simple with free shipping !? Looks like this will be the beginning of a loooooooong new relationship here [emoji16]

Picked up a new OEM exhaust gasket for the exhaust just to be on the safe side.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Soak the down pipe flange bolts/nuts in Kroil, or PB Blaster a day or so before doing the swap, if the car is any older than a year, or has seen ANY salt/winter use. [wink]

Fear of snapping/rounding one of those fasteners off, and having NO OTHER car at all to use to run and get replacements/parts is the ONLY reason I did not attempt to do this job myself, and took it to a shop.
Just because I know you are the oil man just for you. Kroil is overrated.
https://youtu.be/xUEob2oAKVs

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
I picked up Kroil since it looked pretty decent. I can always get a breaker bar too to help out they are really caked in there. Worst comes to worst I have another car to run to the store and buy some new threats for true flange.

Anyone know the correct size of the bolt and nut for the connection between the downpipe and exhaust? Ya know just in case I strip them little guys.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm sure it will be just fine. My brother's car was 8 years old when we did his cat back and I didn't use any oil.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Acetone/Atf has a short shelf life. Just mix what you need. Kroil has been a godsend on anything I've run across.