Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Overheating 2016 Fiesta Cobb Tune Stage 1

Im in miami fl. Yesterday I experienced the traffic from hell.....almost 2 hours of stop and go traffic......4 people on the car..AC blasting in 100 degree weather...Car overheat chime came on..scared bejesus out of me...was i bar from the H temp..turned off AC..temeprature went back down to normal...checked coolant...it looks at normal level...i have Cobb stage 1 tune....What do you guys think??? Issue with something and take it to dealer or just terrible consditions??? Please feedback..

GAbOS

It's unfortunate but it's all too common for the FiST. The cooling system is not sufficient. I've never ran into an overheating situation yet but have reached 226 a few times cruising at 70mph. I've ordered the mountune radiator and just waiting for their stock to refill.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Unfortunately, I think it is normal operation. This seems to be a recurring theme on these forums for folks in the southern states and those that track there cars.

I actually had my coolant light come on during an autocross on a 90F day where I had my aluminum skid plate installed. I will be installing a Mountune radiator myself before the cold weather comes..

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I actually had my coolant light come on during an autocross on a 90F day where I had my aluminum skid plate installed.
Did this ever happen with it on while just cruising on the highway at low revs during the summer, or even while stuck in extended stop and go traffic?

I took mine off after NEFR, but it was fine all the way up there, during working the rally (and it was NOT exactly 'cold' there in late July, contrary to popular opinion), and all of the way home in some BAD stop and go on 84 West in CT.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did this ever happen with it on while just cruising on the highway at low revs during the summer, or even while stuck in extended stop and go traffic?

I took mine off after NEFR, but it was fine all the way up there, during working the rally (and it was NOT exactly 'cold' there in late July, contrary to popular opinion), and all of the way home in some BAD stop and go on 84 West in CT.
I was actively auto-crossing. Basically always full throttle, no more than 60 MPH so not a lot of air movement to remove the heat soak added by the skid plate. No problems up to 100 F ambient when just cruising. I am rarely stuck in stop-and-go so really can't comment on it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was actively auto-crossing. Basically always full throttle, no more than 60 MPH so not a lot of air movement to remove the heat soak added by the skid plate. No problems up to 100 F ambient when just cruising. I am rarely stuck in stop-and-go so really can't comment on it.
Thanks! [twothumb]

I am curious as to what Team O'Neil does to prevent/alleviate overheating when using their MUCH MORE extensive skid plate than ours, which goes right up to the front edge of the bumper, and totally eliminates the factory cooling 'air dam' under the bumper, which forces air up to the radiator. [dunno]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks! [twothumb]

I am curious as to what Team O'Neil does to prevent/alleviate overheating when using their MUCH MORE extensive skid plate than ours, which goes right up to the front edge of the bumper, and totally eliminates the factory cooling 'air dam' under the bumper, which forces air up to the radiator. [dunno]
Probably a Mountune radiator LOL. But honestly, I am not sure..

HBEcoBeaST

I overheated in extended stop and go traffic going up a hill in 109f. Wasn't paying attention and temp gauge was all the way hot no limp mode though. Also going up a hill in stop and go traffic 105f I got it to tick to the max end of safe operating temp before I turned off ac and it cooled down

Definitely sucks to have to worry about your car in hot weather. I'm frequently in stop and go traffic and 100f+ weather. Gotta love socal...

Stratified E30 tune for reference

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #11
Yeah...thats how it was last week...100 degrees in stop and go traffic for 2 hours....got the car bells warning me of temperature...turned of ac for.about 10 min..temperature came back down..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
L
Thread Starter #12
So took car to dealer today....Issue appears the cooling fan.....so gave me a loaner for weekend...will be returned to me on Monday..ill keep you posted.

OP
L
Thread Starter #13
I took my vehicle last week...got diagnosed it was the cooling fan...I had.noticed the fan was not being as loud as before....They gave me a rental for the weekend since I.took it in on Friday....got it back last monday..been working fine....