Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MP215 on a 2018 model?

I was looking on Mountune's website. The MP215 kit is only listed for 2013-2016 models. Will it still work on a 2018 model? Would the dealer still install it and honor the warranty on a 2018 model?

The 2018 model is virtually identical to 2016/2017 so I assume it would be fine. You may want to have literature handy explaining the mountune/ford performance tie-up.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was looking on Mountune's website. The MP215 kit is only listed for 2013-2016 models. Will it still work on a 2018 model? Would the dealer still install it and honor the warranty on a 2018 model?
That would be a question to ask your dealer. Thing is Mountune while still selling it is not supporting it for 2017-2018 in part because of Ford. Also in California it does not have a E.O. Number from CARB for 2017-2018. Which means its not smog legal for those years.

Which lead me to this conclusion, since I own a 2018 and I live in California. As cool as having an Official MP215 badged equipped car would be in the future besides the Performance aspect, I am paying a premium for what I get and without the Smog legal part its not worth it.

You can buy a FB3 package from Mountune that includes their Intake, Intercooler, RMM and Cobb Accessport for the same price with custom tunes specified by you to Mountune per your parts. Its roughly the same price and is more value for your money.

The Intercooler is not specified anymore as warranty friendly but truthfully most dealers will be ok with it. The Intake was warranty friendly and I think still is. The RMM is. The accessport well outside of the lock tuned MP215 pretty much any AP is technically a no go. Which brings us back to the fact that on our 2017+2018 cars its a no go as well.

redmoe

For reference [MENTION=8838]Dpro[/MENTION] and I discussed the warranty friendly vs actually warranty for Mountune in the last several post of this thread: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ntercooler-change/page2?highlight=intercooler

You should be able to decide on what route you want to go (as far as warranty concerns) based on the information there.

This is out of their 2017 warranty policy for covered items: (please note that to have the 3/36k coverage the part needs to be installed by an ASE certified tech or Ford/Mountune Tech)

"Fiesta/Fiesta ST
Calibration/Cold Air Kits w/ Calibration: mountune 2364-215-AA (2014-15), mountune 2364-CAIS-AA
(2014-15), mountune 2364-IC-AA (2014-15), mountune 2364-IC-BA (2014-15)
Shifters: mountune 2238-BQS-AA (2014-15), mountune 2130-BSA-AA (2012-15)
Exhaust: M-5230-FAC (2011-17), M-5230-FAB (2011-17), M-5200-FAST (2014-17)"

Like [MENTION=8838]Dpro[/MENTION] stated your dealer relationship is crucial for any items not covered or not install and registered.

me32

1000 Post Club
The mp215 kit will not work untill they get 2018 file ready. There kits are locked to the year and vin of the car unlike your normal cobb ap3.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Don't buy into the KIT KOOLAID... there are so many things you can do to your vehicle that are way more beneficial.IMO....[rockon]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Don't buy into the KIT KOOLAID... there are so many things you can do to your vehicle that are way more beneficial.IMO....[rockon]
I would agree about this for the MP215 kit. Except if you live in California and it did qualify for year of your car? It’s a great way to get an upgrade in power that is not going to get you in trouble with Johnny law. Yes they do do random checks in places from time to time.

On the FB3 kit the deal with the 10% WINNING discount gives you the Intercooler,Brand New not locked COBB AP( with custom tunes by Randy per your needs) Mountune Ford Approved Intake( which is basically a metal ST200 intake) RMM and Mountune Intercooler, For $1079

Now if you start pricing stuff out a New AP is going to cost $450-500 . RMM $125-150, intake if you go with the. Mountune or the ST200 from Whoosh $260, Mountune Intercooler $550-600.
Now If you bought the stuff seperately even with the 10% discount it would cost $300 more.

So lets look at this another way. What if we bought other bands of products. Well werever you buy a tune its going to cost. So the Access Port pricing is competive its just a matter of who you want Tunes from and you can always buy other tunes besides Randy if you have the FB3 package.

Lets move to the intercooler yes you can get a cheaper intercooler. But was it designed properly to not interrupt stock radiator airflow. The Mountune was , its already been noted that if you install the Whoosh, Depo, etc...which is a good deal, you should probably upgrade your radiator as well as t does cause some airflow interference as do most.

If one is not going bigger Turbo though the Mountune is the better intercooler choice for several reasons IMO , Tube and Fin being one. Clearance for airflow is the other. Plus Its a lot more Ford service tech friendly depending on the dealer.

On the intake its a toss except that with the FB3 kit you get the Mountune that also was tested extensively.

One thing that can be said about the Mountune kit is the products have been researched to work accordlingly with the car.

Its not for the everyone. Anyone planning a big Turbo would probably want to skip it. They wil want a larger intercooler, will most likely drop an Aluminum radiator in, and so on.

Though if someone has a new car and looking for parts that are less likely to give dealerships pause?

So all in all no koolaid just different strokes for different folks depending on wants or needs.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd more likely say...Stuck with crap no one wants to purchase in their right minds...when you're done with it that's locked....or all the stuff people wanna buy that's unlocked....and not as hard to re-sell when you are done with it. Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'd more likely say...Stuck with crap no one wants to purchase in their right minds...when you're done with it that's locked....or all the stuff people wanna buy that's unlocked....and not as hard to re-sell when you are done with it.
Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
You are not being clear or do not seem to understand, The FB3 package is not locked! Try reading the website. The Mountune intake works just as well as the ST200 intake as it was the prototype. Lol
Oh its metal vs plastic it might get a few degrees hotte, not enough to disprupt charge temps.

Oh the Intercooler, well like I said earler if no turbo upgrade is in the plans its a fantastic Intercooler. Oh and yes people do buy them used.

Oh and yes I have done the research and have played with Turbo cars for years and Tub and Fin in the end superior. There is a reason high end Super Car builders use Tube and Fin on their intercoolers and not bar and plate.

Oh and if somone wants a non NVH inducing RMM that does its job the Mountune is a good choice!

P.S. Only posting this because your response above was only opinion without real information.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Your are not being clear or do not seem to understand, The FB3 package is not locked! Try reading the website. The Mountune intake works just as well as the ST200 intake as it was the prototype. Lol
Oh its metal vs plastic it might get a few degrees hotte, not enough to disprupt charge temps.

Oh the Intercooler, well like I said earler if no turbo upgrade is in the plans its a fantastic Intercooler. Oh and yes people do buy them used.

Oh and yes I have done the research and have played with Turbo cars for years and Tub and Fin in the end superior. There is a reason high end Super Car builders use Tube and Fin on their intercoolers and not bar and plate.

Oh and if somone wants a non NVH inducing RMM that does its job the Mountune is a good choice!

P.S. Only posting this because your response above was only opinion without real information.
Yes I do....the Mp215 is though. Not worth it....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes I do....the Mp215 is though. Not worth it....

Lol ya I think we all stated that the MP215 ws locked in some form or another earlier in the thread. Plus if you had not been so vague in your response it would have been more clear about what you were talking about and stating your opinion on the other.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Lol ya I think we all stated that the MP215 ws locked in some form or another earlier in the thread. Plus if you had not been so vague in your response it would have been more clear about what you were talking about and stating your opinion on the other.
Well people need clarification after a long winded response sometimes.... it's better to be shorter and sweeter.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well people need clarification after a long winded response sometimes.... it's better to be shorter and sweeter.
Ya except my responses were not long winded as there were facts and information. Weras yours was just your opinion and a smart ass remark. ( which have now been edited out by mods)

You can buy a FB3 package from Mountune that includes their Intake, Intercooler, RMM and Cobb Accessport for the same price with custom tunes specified by you to Mountune per your parts. Its roughly the same price and is more value for your money.

The Intercooler is not specified anymore as warranty friendly but truthfully most dealers will be ok with it. The Intake was warranty friendly and I think still is. The RMM is. The accessport well outside of the lock tuned MP215 pretty much any AP is technically a no go. Which brings us back to the fact that on our 2017+2018 cars its a no go as well.
I never noticed this package. Thanks for bringing it into my attention. I think this will be my next purchase, performance wise. Thanks again!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Again guys...

Lets keep discussions civil and mature and stop the name calling remarks....

Thread cleaned....carry on...

Mikey456

I understand Dpro’s point that the MP215 “does not have a E.O. Number from CARB....” but wasn’t the original design of the MP215 was to be smog legal? So, if that was the case it should pass the emissions part of the test... And the only visual clue would be the intake.. right?? Wouldn’t the MP215 be a simpler solution than switching to stock tunes every time for Smog testing? The Ford dealer would probably be more supportive on maintenance/repair if you run their MP215 than another aftermarket tune. I like the boost limiting feature on the first two gears too. Just my two cents..

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I understand Dpro’s point that the MP215 “does not have a E.O. Number from CARB....” but wasn’t the original design of the MP215 was to be smog legal? So, if that was the case it should pass the emissions part of the test... And the only visual clue would be the intake.. right?? Wouldn’t the MP215 be a simpler solution than switching to stock tunes every time for Smog testing? The Ford dealer would probably be more supportive on maintenance/repair if you run their MP215 than another aftermarket tune. I like the boost limiting feature on the first two gears too. Just my two cents..
Modern OBDII car emissions no longer need floor dynos and tailpipe tests. They literally plug into your cars OBDII port and it reads the computer and sends the info to Sacremento.

Fact is if you have a MP215 setup onn your car without the E.O. Sticker that you get with 2014-2016 it will be a violation in their eyes as yes their is no E.O. For 2017-2018 and Smog computer will see the MP215 readings as being different than the stock settings for that year.

Which again makes the FB3 package more worthwhile as it comes with more upgrades and a unlocked AP. Rember one can always flash the car to stock for the test. Which is 5 years out for new cars anyways.
Why buy the locked MP215 setup for the car when you cannot legally smog with it anyways?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
huh... there's no tailpipe test for 2000MY and newer, what computer will see emission readings?
It started in the mid to late 2000’s . All cars made in the last like ten years no longer get tailpipe at regualr Smog stations. They just get hooked up to the computer it reads the ecu and if you pass you pass.

That is the way it is now. Go ask your local smog tech. Hahahaha i tripped on it too as most of my cars that were even OBDII were pre 2000. I found out with my 2012 Focus. He plugged it in 5 minutes later the computer spit out a shit saying I passed.

Referee probably wants to dyno still because most Referees are really a....... Especially the one over at LA Trade Tech that guy is standout in the blankity blank blank department. Lol

koozy

3000 Post Club
It started in the mid to late 2000’s . All cars made in the last like ten years no longer get tailpipe at regualr Smog stations. They just get hooked up to the computer it reads the ecu and if you pass you pass.

That is the way it is now. Go ask your local smog tech. Hahahaha i tripped on it too as most of my cars that were even OBDII were pre 2000. I found out with my 2012 Focus. He plugged it in 5 minutes later the computer spit out a shit saying I passed.

Referee probably wants to dyno still because most Referees are really a....... Especially the one over at LA Trade Tech that guy is standout in the blankity blank blank department. Lol
I get that, but it appeared that you were saying the MP215 readings would show different than stock and I'm asking how?