Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's talk replacement street brake pads...

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I'm nearing my second brake job on my '16 FiST. First time around I ran Centric Posi-Quiet semi-metallic pads from Tire Rack: WAY less dusty than the factory performance pads, but I lost that great initial bite. The Posi-Quiets are not bad pads at all (I would run them again) but I'm checking out what else is out there.

Anyone running the Motorcraft OE replacements? How dusty?

Stoptech? Powerstop? Something else?

FWIW, I'm still running the factory rotors. Never turned them. Thinking of picking up some drilled or slotted ones and some steel lines.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm nearing my second brake job on my '16 FiST. First time around I ran Centric Posi-Quiet semi-metallic pads from Tire Rack: WAY less dusty than the factory performance pads, but I lost that great initial bite. The Posi-Quiets are not bad pads at all (I would run them again) but I'm checking out what else is out there.

Anyone running the Motorcraft OE replacements? How dusty?

Stoptech? Powerstop? Something else?

FWIW, I'm still running the factory rotors. Never turned them. Thinking of picking up some drilled or slotted ones and some steel lines.

Bobcat 1521 pads by carbotech/ oakos. Look up the thread. I have them....definitely less dust...not jerky/ grabby but definitely grip hard when braking. I also have centric Slotted cryogenically frozen rotors on the front and back just normal slotted by centric.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've had the mountune street pads front and rear with standard Ford discs and have nothing but positive things to report. Less dust and still plenty of bite.

I will be posting a review of the powerstop z23 on their drilled and slotted rotors next week after they are installed.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I use power stop as replacement pads and rotors on most vehicles. I will however not use them on the fiesta. I will stick with the OEM pad. I have used both the standard and performance version of the power stop pads on different vehicles. They don't have the bite of the OEM pad not even close just my personal opinion.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I will be posting a review of the powerstop z23 on their drilled and slotted rotors next week after they are installed.
I have this same kit. They are great so far. Not grabby like OEM was. And waaay less dust. SS lines will be in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use power stop as replacement pads and rotors on most vehicles. I will however not use them on the fiesta. I will stick with the OEM pad. I have used both the standard and performance version of the power stop pads on different vehicles. They don't have the bite of the OEM pad not even close just my personal opinion.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I agree with you on initial bite but that characteristic made heel toe shifting difficult. These pads hold up to repeated abuse a bit better with way less dust and noise. Power stop has a more progressive feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DAPR

I love the factory pads. You can get them on Amazon for about $60. I also ordered centric coated rotors. Setup stops great, plenty of dust but it's a fair trade. I used the older part number, I read some where they had a better initial bite and were a bit more dusty compared to the revised friction material. I'm not sure how true that is so don't quote me on it. I'm not a fan of spreading misinformation.
https://imgur.com/a/478JuJJ

DAPR

BRF1494 is the part number. They still feel like they give great modulation after the initial bite.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
BRF1494 is the part number. They still feel like they give great modulation after the initial bite.
Those are the Motorcraft replacements, right?