Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Vendor Premier Vendor 1299 Rep Points ron@whoosh's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 Likes

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

After a very successful run with the Turbo Technics S242 revo turbo upgrade, revo has literally taken hybrid turbos to an all new level with their newest offering.

The ultimate Turbo upgrade option for the Fiesta ST, Only Revo completely redesign the entire compressor and turbine housing to give you a driving experience like no other. Exhilarating top end power coupled with the responsive driveability low down means you get best of both worlds.

The limitations of the housings on stock turbos means that they can only be machined to a safe thickness to allow a slightly larger compressor and turbine wheel. The issue with running larger wheels in smaller housings is the increase in temperatures, this is one of the biggest issues with the turbine side of ST hybrid turbos. Increasing both wheels allows for a power increase with higher boost pressures, however, they cannot constantly maintain power due to these increases in temperatures.

The Revo RT330 offers a significant upgrade over the stock KP39 turbo, with completely bespoke castings of both the compressor and turbine housings. Without being limited by the OEM turbo housings, superior flow characteristics are achieved by increasing the wheel size, eliminating heat issues and providing constant high performance. The custom turbine housing has been designed specifically for the Fiesta ST and offers a direct OEM fitment.

Strength is the key, an exclusively designed thrust bearing assembly allows for the higher thrust loading requirements of running increased flowrates and boost pressures without compromising on reliability. The K04 frame upgrade incorporates a larger diameter shaft and bearings, which provides increased strength at high power levels. Integrating the recirculation system with swirl-assisting minimises shaft deceleration on gear changes.

The following testing was carried out on a Ford Fiesta ST running stock engine and fuel system, on Shell Power 99ron Pump fuel. Revo RT330 Turbo Kit, Performance ECU Software installed, fitted with a Revo Air Intake System, Airtec Stage 3 Intercooler and Milltek Turbo back exhaust system with sports Catalytic convertor.

The Revo Turbo offers significant performance gains over any stock turbo setup, with peak gains of up to 158HP and 177NM torque over a stock Fiesta ST, recorded on a Maha Dyno. Compared to the KP38ETR Hybrid setup, the RT330 offers an additional peak gain of 34HP at @ the hubs and 37NM

For more information and to Pre-Order this kit >>> Link to Product: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify...a-st-2014-2018

whoosh motorsports
    Performance Parts and Accessories: Fiesta ST . Focus ST/RS . Mustang ecoboost
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

http://whooshmotorsports.com

Senior Member 285 Rep Points LilPartyBox's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

This is exciting news. I've been waiting for a larger turbo with stock fitment. I don't think it was mentioned, but will the downpipe will be a direct fit? I noticed the intake side won't be...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2016 Shadow Black w/ Recaros
    Chassis: MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers, Pierce Motorsports Torsion and 2 pt braces, Cobb Tuning sway bars
    Drivetrain: FSWerks Short Shifter, Cobb Tuning RMM, MAPerformance Catback, Cobb Hangers, Stratified Tuning v.3 OTS, Depo Racing IC and piping, Cobb Tuning Intake w/ MAP vacuum, GFB DV+, MAP Catted DP (pending install)

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LilPartyBox View Post
    This is exciting news. I've been waiting for a larger turbo with stock fitment. I don't think it was mentioned, but will the downpipe will be a direct fit? I noticed the intake side won't be...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    100% downpipe fitment as well as intake side - here is the snippet from our site if you scroll down

INTAKE ELBOW
    For cars running the Revo Air Intake System, a single piece silicone intake elbow tapers from the intake pipe to the seamlessly stepped neck onto the turbo. The Revo Intake allows for optimum airflow into the turbo without causing unnecessary turbulence and without the need to reduce the inlet size too early. A stepped reducer and machined coupler is also included in the kit to allow fitment of a standard size air intake system.

whoosh motorsports
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

Member 225 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ron, will the EM V2 dualport fit on this? Looks like it would be pretty tight?
    Fiesta ST and other car mods YouTube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo...r4P2m-INw4BN5w

Mods: Cobb AP running Stratified E30 tune and Dizzy E30 tune, Injen SP Intake with modified AEM filter, Ramair Crossover Pipe, Whoosh Silicon Intake Pipe, 2014/15 OEM Evap lines, Whoosh FMIC, Turbosmart EM V2 Dualport, Mountune Radiator, Whoosh Silicone Radiator Hoses, Cobb RMM, Mishimoto Hot Side Pipe, Mishimoto Cold Side Pipe, Thermal R&D 3 inch Catback, Whoosh Shifter Base Bushings, Whoosh Shifter Cable Bracket Bushings, Mountune Short Shift Kit, Hurst Shift Knob, Mojo Cubby Cover Plate, Reverse Camera via Forscan, Motegi MR116 17x7 wheels, Hikari H11 Phillips LED Headlight bulbs, XSPEED H11 3k color fog light LED bulbs, JDG Auto Sport Mode Module

Current Vehicles:
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST Black
    2018 Ford Explorer Dark Silver
    2019 Chevy ZR2 Colorado Orange

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by redmoe View Post
    Ron, will the EM V2 dualport fit on this? Looks like it would be pretty tight?
    I'll confirm this but I think it will be OK
    I'm hopeful it will fit vs having to use the old version shorty plumb back Turbosmart

whoosh motorsports
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

New Member 19 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals

State
    NH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The want is real!

Interested to know what DV or BOV will fit, as currently I'm running the GFB DV+ and I have a feeling it won't work with this kit. I notice that Revo also has their own tune for this, but I would think any tuner could tune this, correct? I would definitely want a pro-tune and not their OTS tune, however good it may be.

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BionicBarnacle View Post
    The want is real!

Interested to know what DV or BOV will fit, as currently I'm running the GFB DV+ and I have a feeling it won't work with this kit. I notice that Revo also has their own tune for this, but I would think any tuner could tune this, correct? I would definitely want a pro-tune and not their OTS tune, however good it may be.
    COBB protune is going to be make the most power. Remember, the EU spec cars have a mass air sensor and have different tuning than US spec Fiestas. As an example, the original revo S242 turbo that "only made 300hp" in europe made 350 hp by Adam from Tune+ on a car in Arizona running e50 with a single aux fuel controller
    The new RT330 is going to be a literal animal! I'm really excited.

I would not be too concerned with fitment of BOV's either. One I'd almost promise would be the GFB w/OEM bypass and the original Turbosmart plumb back shorty
    The only confirmation of fitment needed are the new EM Turbosmart BOV's due to the large size of the top and the solenoids that stick out the side of the BOV

whoosh motorsports
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

New Member 19 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals

State
    NH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ron@whoosh View Post
    COBB protune is going to be make the most power. Remember, the EU spec cars have a mass air sensor and have different tuning than US spec Fiestas. As an example, the original revo S242 turbo that "only made 300hp" in europe made 350 hp by Adam from Tune+ on a car in Arizona running e50 with a single aux fuel controller
    The new RT330 is going to be a literal animal! I'm really excited.

I would not be too concerned with fitment of BOV's either. One I'd almost promise would be the GFB w/OEM bypass and the original Turbosmart plumb back shorty
    The only confirmation of fitment needed are the new EM Turbosmart BOV's due to the large size of the top and the solenoids that stick out the side of the BOV
    Awesome, thanks Ron! If my GFB DV+ will work that only makes this kit more enticing for me. Thanks for the confirmation on the tuning, I was 99% sure of the answer but always good to be 100%!

How does this compare to say the Voodoo VT330? Or a GTX2860r? This sounds like it is probably the best option due to what it comes with and not needing a new BOV like the GTX does, and I assume the RT330 is fine with the stock manifold whereas the GTX really benefits from a tubular one, at least from what I've seen. Seriously considering going "big" turbo this year and trying to narrow down my choices!

Member 13 Rep Points mindmaster's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Colombia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you install this turbo into a complete stock Fiesta ST? Just turbo swap

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by mindmaster View Post
    Could you install this turbo into a complete stock Fiesta ST? Just turbo swap
    you could but you'd need to purchase a tuning device such as COBB or SCT (COBB is preferred in this case)
    to take advantage of the kit you would want some other modifications such as an intake upgrade, downpipe/exhaust and especially an intercooler upgrade.

but again, as confirmed by revo with the S242 upgrade, you can conceivably install their kit on an otherwise stock Fiesta ST

whoosh motorsports
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast