Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
It’s 3 screws the third one is hidden in it’s honestly a bitch to get to.
Got to them pretty easily just removing the one T25 and one pop up on each side, no biggie at all! BUT the DWVO are junk, they constantly go out of mode sync. They are supposed to come on white, then off-on to Yellow, then off-on to both, then off-on to flashing for emergency and they kept going out of sync... I just threw in an extra set of ECCPP's I had in there for now and returning the DWVO's...

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Has anyone done any LED testing on the EURO (H7) projector headlights?

Dave

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #64
Well I'm opting to try these out https://www.amazon.com/TECHMAX-Headlight-Extremely-Heatsink-Conversion/dp/B07C1LTQ92

I just have to find a good place for calibrating them
Those look promising for $38, and you either read up and knew to get the small fan base ones or got lucky and ordered ones that will fit. :)

Pretty much all of the lumen ratings are bullshit for marketing purposes, I'm hoping that actual watts isn't faked and these at 30w/side actual is pretty good, but obviously every design is different and still not sure if even actual watt numbers aren't faked either. Pretty much the highest I see is 36w actual per bulb, but these are all things that are difficult to use key words in searches to narrow down, some are listed in total watts actual, total watts halogen equivalent or the same 2 categories but the number is listed just for each side in the title. We are literally forced to look at nearly every single H11 LED listing, look for ones where the fan base appears no wider than the metal connection base, THEN click on it and make sure they are't too wide, try to get at least a 30-36w actual per side, read reviews.... UGH... SMH...

Maybe I should keep editing the original post with ones we've verified to work with "garage door from roughly 10 feet" example pics and a link to where you got them? Hmmm...

Anyway, please show us a garage door/wall shot, I like garage doors as it gives better reference for cutoff, but whatever you can find, thanks for contributing!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65
Has anyone done any LED testing on the EURO (H7) projector headlights?

Dave
I started this as a way to share LED experiences in using the USDM reflector housings but absolutely am curious about this too... I CAN tell you that normally LED bulbs without a wide spot on the tip do better in projectors that are frosted, projectors with clear lenses are typing just small round reflectors and typically work better with the wide tip ones to mimic halogen bulbs with frosted tips. Edit: This is wrong actually... the wide tip is to mimic anti-glare caps and our reflector housing already have them, thin tips will fit best and the anti-glare caps help provide proper cut-off.

Last edited:

Business6

Those look promising for $38, and you either read up and knew to get the small fan base ones or got lucky and ordered ones that will fit. :)

Pretty much all of the lumen ratings are bullshit for marketing purposes, I'm hoping that actual watts isn't faked and these at 30w/side actual is pretty good, but obviously every design is different and still not sure if even actual watt numbers aren't faked either. Pretty much the highest I see is 36w actual per bulb, but these are all things that are difficult to use key words in searches to narrow down, some are listed in total watts actual, total watts halogen equivalent or the same 2 categories but the number is listed just for each side in the title. We are literally forced to look at nearly every single H11 LED listing, look for ones where the fan base appears no wider than the metal connection base, THEN click on it and make sure they are't too wide, try to get at least a 30-36w actual per side, read reviews.... UGH... SMH...

Maybe I should keep editing the original post with ones we've verified to work with "garage door from roughly 10 feet" example pics and a link to where you got them? Hmmm...

Anyway, please show us a garage door/wall shot, I like garage doors as it gives better reference for cutoff, but whatever you can find, thanks for contributing!
haha I'll do what I can :D

And I just took the advice in this thread and also the Amazon page for those lights has really positive feedback from someone with a FiST.

Business6

So my phone is shit and the camera is shit with it so here are pictures that measure up to that:

And then

However, the amount of light coming out to the side is rather considerable. The stock halogens bleed a fair bit out of light out to the side, more than any other car I've had before, but with the intensity of the light produced by these it's a bit much.

Here's a shot at about 25ft:

And the not unexpected hotspots:

I kind of wanted to try these out regardless of the results just to familiarize myself with LEDs. I purchased a pair of rubber dust caps designed for LEDs and they simply wouldn't fit due to the off-center orientation of the bulb mount. I don't see how you'd fit anything larger than this in there as far as the length is concerned without modifying the housing and the stock dust cap doesn't fit back on snug due to the fan.

I didn't drive on the road with them. I may adjust the lights downward 3-4" and try them tomorrow night but I'm also leaning towards just putting the stock halogens back in and going for other halogens. In that regard I'm interested in suggestions.

redmoe

I just bought two sets for shits....ill report back on them and compare with the Xenondepot and their LED fog light bulbs I have in there now. Now I just wait ...expected time of arrival is bewtween 19-40 days....oh well when and if they show it'll be just like my berfday! ill forget and they will show up! [thumb]

[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] did the xenondepot bulbs fit under the stock covers? Any pics of the install? Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] did the xenondepot bulbs fit under the stock covers? Any pics of the install? Thanks
Yes they fit just fine and are still plugging away today...I'm going to fiddle faddle with aiming them just for shits. They use the aluminum heat ribbons vs. Loud the loud fan option that I'm going to try also with the brand I ordered on the slow boat from China. Just waiting for them now....im sure I'll forget and then they will show up....it'll be like Christmas!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

redmoe

Yes they fit just fine and are still plugging away today...I'm going to fiddle faddle with aiming them just for shits. They use the aluminum heat ribbons vs. Loud the loud fan option that I'm going to try also with the brand I ordered on the slow boat from China. Just waiting for them now....im sure I'll forget and then they will show up....it'll be like Christmas!

Nice I think I will order a set of these up. $100 is worth not messing with getting a cover on and more importantly not blinding other drivers lol.

I have some serious led envy my new explorers headlights look so cool.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice I think I will order a set of these up. $100 is worth not messing with getting a cover on and more importantly not blinding other drivers lol.

I have some serious led envy my new explorers headlights look so cool.
I'll get a good beam shot for you before you do so you can know what to expect! Itll be a couple days...cool?

redmoe

I'll get a good beam shot for you before you do so you can know what to expect! Itll be a couple days...cool?

Awesome you da man!

I’ll have to buy a set for my challenger as well. Can’t have the fun cars shown up by the family wagon! Lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’m going to give these a try soon, I currently have them in my foglights for about 6 months now and haven’t had a problem. Wonder how they will behave in our headlights. http://www.opt-7.com/fluxbeam-core-led-headlights/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This company was the first company I bought from. The headlight caps would not fit after install...but maybe they have changed the design since then. Its been about 2 years.....so maybe!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Awesome you da man!

I’ll have to buy a set for my challenger as well. Can’t have the fun cars shown up by the family wagon! Lol
No I am not...just the Lowly resident Troll according to others here on the forum! I do my best to live up to that! [wiggle]

This company was the first company I bought from. The headlight caps would not fit after install...but maybe they have changed the design since then. Its been about 2 years.....so maybe!
Their core version came out in the beginning of January. I’ve never tried their products before so maybe they changed the caps, maybe not.

I’ll be the guinea pig

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Their core version came out in the beginning of January. I’ve never tried their products before so maybe they changed the caps, maybe not.

I’ll be the guinea pig

How are they in the Fogs?

How are they in the Fogs?
I’ll say pretty good for my needs. Brightness is exactly where I want them to be, nice vertical cutoff and has a nice wide output.

Funny thing is I haven’t tried them without the lamin-x yellow overlays. Yellow overlays + LED’s = a unique color

They look a lil more greener in person.

Also I stopped questioning my grandfathers cosmetic mods to his mustang a LONG time ago.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ll say pretty good for my needs. Brightness is exactly where I want them to be, nice vertical cutoff and has a nice wide output.

Funny thing is I haven’t tried them without the lamin-x yellow overlays. Yellow overlays + LED’s = a unique color

They look a lil more greener in person.

Also I stopped questioning my grandfathers cosmetic mods to his mustang a LONG time ago.

He must like chrome! But if he starts getting into curb feelers...please....please put your foot down! I have a pair of OEM Stock lights with The yellow laminex on them...maybe ill put them in one day or just keep rolling with the great white light....ill get some pics when the new bulbs get here from china...I just have the Xenon depot fogs now...they are decent.[ridinghorse]

He must like chrome! But if he starts getting into curb feelers...please....please put your foot down! I have a pair of OEM Stock lights with The yellow laminex on them...maybe ill put them in one day or just keep rolling with the great white light....ill get some pics when the new bulbs get here from china...I just have the Xenon depot fogs now...they are decent.[ridinghorse]
Correction love chrome! Should’ve seen his face when my WHITE tarmacs arrived. I think I’ll just go ahead and order the OPT7 leds now since I have nothing better to do to my car til mid September.