Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
This is fantastic! Very clean cutoff with great brightness and white color!

For those who want to buy, here is THE LINK again, sadly have not found them available from US seller, it appears but these look amazing and worth the wait from China...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Eesh that’s rough ! But anytime spent in the fist is a fun time. Glad he got some time at the zoo and museum and various other things it seems !

Side note- figured out my update...apparently it couldn’t be done via usb or WiFi. The dealer had to do it. When i got it back they tried charging me $75 so i questioned it and they got all flustered and worried. Got it for free right after. Thanks for all the help trying to get me to update it !
Glad you go taken care of, crazy that they tried to charge you, but all ended up well! Take care and have a great weekend!

KKaWing

Hmm... sightly off topic yet kinda on topic I guess.

Just a few general tips for ordering on aliexpress.com...

You save another buck or two using their app.

Check out the different shipping options. Sometimes a few bucks extra would cut the transit time significantly. Free shipping usually aggregates until they have a full container then wait for non-priority space on the absolute shortest flight to the destination country before handed over to snail (ground) service with the government mail agency.

The confirm goods received system is very good, keep an eye on the date and don't let it lapse. If goods don't arrive, ask for an extension, most vendors will gladly work with you.

Things to consider looking at include dashcams (http://dashcamtalk.com/ has recommended brands for "legit" chinese cams). Microfibre cloths... my gad they're cheap there, especially the really plush giant ones. Non-pressure / hose-pressure foam cannons piqued my interest of late along with the HS/MS-CAN ELM327 OBDII adapters to be used with Forscan. Last but not least, the myriad LED bulbs on there. Be really careful though, fake lumileds are all over the place. Try sorting by most orders instead of cheapest price. Most often that few bucks saved may not be worth it.

For those who want to buy, here is THE LINK again, sadly have not found them available from US seller, it appears but these look amazing and worth the wait from China...
Would this go Into just the low beam and fog ? Or are there various bulb sizes for the high, low, and fog. Basically want to get rid of all the halogen in the stock set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DWVO Phillips LED version does not fit in the headlight housing. Decided to try them out in the fog lights, easy fit however one of the mounting collars separated from the bulb assembly. I wouldn't bother with this brand. Returning them as defective.

Last edited:
OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
The DWVO Phillips LED version does not fit in the headlight housing. Decided to try them out in the fog lights, easy fit however one of the mounting collars separated from the bulb assembly. I wouldn't bother with this brand. Returning them as defective.
I went with the non-philips, they are very small and much higher rated on BulbFacts.com, so we'll see how they fit as fogs.

Edit: Sorry, just realized you said they fit easily as fogs but had a quality issue, let's just hope these work OK, the look solid quality to me but we'll see when I install them.

Edit 2: OMG, just realized I DID get the Philips ones, never noticed when I ordered! Well, still 78% brighter as low beam over stock and has near perfect pattern. If it wasn't for the dual color and 4 mode switching they may have made good headlights, but I'll use as fogs with the dual color...

Edit 3: Ugh, looks like both are Philips but I got the ones that DON'T mention Philips in the name on the BulbFacts chart... so brighter but not quite as perfect pattern, should be perfect as fogs.

Last edited:

Business6

Was considering the SL1 LEDs from Diode Dynamics but it looks like they will protrude from the rear of the housing. Anyone running these?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I just bought two sets for shits....ill report back on them and compare with the Xenondepot and their LED fog light bulbs I have in there now. Now I just wait ...expected time of arrival is bewtween 19-40 days....oh well when and if they show it'll be just like my berfday! ill forget and they will show up! [thumb]

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
Was considering the SL1 LEDs from Diode Dynamics but it looks like they will protrude from the rear of the housing. Anyone running these?
Don't worry about fitting the stock rear covers, you should just use the pass through style rear covers so that they get the needed cooling anyway... there are a tons of cheap options on Amazon but if you go with the ones that are a whole $10 then the only thing that matters is that they fan heat sink isn't too wide and hits the side of the rear cover opening. Sucks that not every one lists their dimensions, but you need to go with ones that are 1.4" or narrower so you don't hit the side of the opening trying to fit them.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
I just bought two sets for shits....ill report back on them and compare with the Xenondepot and their LED fog light bulbs I have in there now. Now I just wait ...expected time of arrival is bewtween 19-40 days....oh well when and if they show it'll be just like my berfday! ill forget and they will show up! [thumb]
I bet it will be about 2 weeks, when I order from China I get items in about 10 full days, but that is their more expedited shipping I think and that place didn't really offer it, so we'll see! I'm super curious how my $15 DWVO dual color work out, not sure how hard it is to get to the fog light bulbs, haven't looked yet.

I bet it will be about 2 weeks, when I order from China I get items in about 10 full days, but that is their more expedited shipping I think and that place didn't really offer it, so we'll see! I'm super curious how my $15 DWVO dual color work out, not sure how hard it is to get to the fog light bulbs, haven't looked yet.
"not sure how hard it is to get to the fog light bulbs"

With the headlight assemblies removed the fog light bulbs are very easy to access.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55

With the headlight assemblies removed the fog light bulbs are very easy to access.
OK, been looking for videos and have seen headlight removal, I'll go from there, thanks for confirming.

Business6

Don't worry about fitting the stock rear covers, you should just use the pass through style rear covers so that they get the needed cooling anyway... there are a tons of cheap options on Amazon but if you go with the ones that are a whole $10 then the only thing that matters is that they fan heat sink isn't too wide and hits the side of the rear cover opening. Sucks that not every one lists their dimensions, but you need to go with ones that are 1.4" or narrower so you don't hit the side of the opening trying to fit them.
Thanks for the reply. They're missing some aspects of their dimensions but here's their diagram:

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
Thanks for the reply. They're missing some aspects of their dimensions but here's their diagram:
Yep, perfect width, mine are 1.42" wide and barely fit so these at 1.37" fan base are definitely fine!

Edit: Wait, I just noticed that oblong wide section, so it's gonna depend on if the twist to install starts with the widest part inward (which is actually likely) and not outward or there won't be clearance... Also, those are REALLY spendy, personally I'd like to see a full professional review so I can compare to the ones that are half the price or less. THESE are proven to have a PERFECT pattern and brightness for $135 after FACT10 discount code. BUT a closer look at the one pic I could find of the actual bulb shows they are probably too wide, dammit! Also, the best under $100 on Amazon, the Hikari ultra are also too wide at 40mm... I've determined that what we need to look for when searching is tuse the key words "H11 LED Mini" to get a better idea of what will fit.

Edit#???: Sorry, I was wrong about how wide of a base fan you can fit. The very widest you can go is 32mm/1.25", that is what my oEdRo set is and they BARELY fit so those ones you posted will not fit. :(

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
VERY important to note when looking for low beams! Because of the clearance with the edge of the rear opening, you cannot use bulbs any wider than these oEdRo that I have. Mine barely fit so you must confirm that they are no wider than 32mm/1.25" wide at the fan base. Look for ones that you can clearly see like below are no wider than the rubber sealing gasket on the bulb itself and try to confirm actual dimensions.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59

Isn't it easier to just do it as shown HERE? Literally 2 - T25 screws to access the bulb it looks like...

Isn't it easier to just do it as shown HERE? Literally 2 - T25 screws to access the bulb it looks like...
It’s 3 screws the third one is hidden in it’s honestly a bitch to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk