Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who makes the best Vacuum Tee/Block for Map sensor on a Big Turbo setup for the BOV?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As the Header states....From anyone's previous Exp. with the ATP to the Turbosmart Vacumm Tee/ block for the Map sensor....what are your gripes and upsides of owning either? This is an opinion post so feel free to give your opinion on the topic of these two parts.[clap]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I've used the Turbosmart and cp-e
no experience with the ATP part...

I do know the cp-e does not hit the engine cover at all, the Turbosmart does bump it a bit but not much. Both do what they are intended at about the same price point @ approx $40

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I'm starting to see that a lot of them are around $40 like you said but some charging as much as $15.00 jus to ship the item!!! Insane.....For a small piece....I could see maybe $5-8 for shipping...maybe. But $15?!? GTFO....do you sell any of them Ron? I already Bought The ATP one from stratified on Aug. 2nd....still hasn't shipped! Had to call stratified and ask ... then they were like uhhhhh....diiiiirrr?!?!?! then a lame excuse....WTF happened to customer service like you give Ron?[facepalm]

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I found a photo of the install.
You can see that it is below the engine cover mounting post.

Dave

I picked up the CP-E piece from Whoosh. No complaints, shipped quickly. I don't think you'll find much of a difference between any of them, although it appears that the Turbosmart has 2 ports to use.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I'm starting to see that a lot of them are around $40 like you said but some charging as much as $15.00 jus to ship the item!!! Insane.....For a small piece....I could see maybe $5-8 for shipping...maybe. But $15?!? GTFO....do you sell any of them Ron? I already Bought The ATP one from stratified on Aug. 2nd....still hasn't shipped! Had to call stratified and ask ... then they were like uhhhhh....diiiiirrr?!?!?! then a lame excuse....WTF happened to customer service like you give Ron?[facepalm]
I have both in stock

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I have both in stock

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Had it been available at the time, I would have bought from Ron as well.

Dave

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I have been running the TS tap for 10k+ miles and it works great.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

slopoke

I've installed the Mountune block, because I got it for a good price, it looks the same as the Turbosmart unit. I like having two ports, so that in the future if I need another port for like say, a non electric bov, it's there.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I've installed the Mountune block, because I got it for a good price, it looks the same as the Turbosmart unit. I like having two ports, so that in the future if I need another port for like say, a non electric bov, it's there.
Yes, It's Turbosmart / same