Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

POLL: What do you monitor on your AP?

What do you monitor with your AP? VOTE FOR 6 MAX.

• Boost Pressure

Votes: 64 91.4%
  • Charge Air Temp.

Votes: 38 54.3%
  • Coolant Temp.

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • Ign. Corr. Cyl 1 or 4

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • Oil Temperature

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • Actual AFR

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • Octane Adjust Ratio Learn (OAR)

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • Intake Air Temp.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Map Slot

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Engine RPM

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Gear Current

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Comp Outlet Temp.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Estimated Torque

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Knock Count Cyl. 1 or 4

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Vehicle Speed

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • ETC Actual Angle

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Ign. Timing Cyl. 1 or 4

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Load Actual

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters

anticon

What do you monitor on your AP? I went through all the previous posts and consolidated the ones that others had recommended.

Boost Pressure - Manifold pressure (relative). This is MAP minus Barometric pressure.
Charge Air Temp. - Post intercooler temperature as read before the throttle body.
Coolant Temp. - Engine coolant temperature as measured post radiator.
Ign. Corr. Cyl 1 or 4 - Ignition timing correction applied to Cylinder #.
Oil Temperature - Inferred oil temperature as calculated by the ECU algorithm.
Actual AFR - Wideband front oxygen sensor reading converted from Lambda to AFR.
Oct. Adj. Ratio Lrn. (OAR) - Octane adjust ratio learned. -1.0 is HIGH fuel quality, 1.0 is LOW fuel quality.
Intake Air Temp. - Intake air temperature.
(C) Map Slot - The currently active map switching slot in use.
Engine RPM - Current engine speed.
Gear Current - Current gear estimated by the ECU. The vehicle must be moving.
Comp. Outlet Temp. - Inferred turbocharger outlet temperature. This is pre-intercooler.
Estimated Torque - Current brake torque as calculated by the torque algorithm.
Knock Count Cyl. 1 - The number of knock events detected while in fast advance for Cylinder #.
Vehicle Speed - Vehicle speed when moving.
ETC Angle Actual - Electronic throttle control actual angle.
Ign. Timing Cyl. 1 - Ignition timing after all compensations for Cylinder 1.
Load Actual - Engine load actual after all compensations.

slopoke

I also don't keep it in the car. Doing data logging or map uploads is the only time it's in the car. I've got three 2" gauges showing AFR, boost and oil pressure and soon to have a ethanol content gauge.

Unlike some previous posters, I love being able to monitor the 6 parameters I have selected on my AP. Getting the data real time is cool--even if oil temp. is inferred and not actually measured.

Estimated horsepower and Fuel Level Input are ones I like to see. I wedge my AP in front the gas gauge. Gives me better information and I donโ€™t have to look at the cheaper less informative gauge.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I don't have an AP but use an OBD II to Bluetooth transceiver with a phone app to read data.

To take a pun on the stupid line of commercials..

(no option to monitor oil temp)

Just driving around i monitor boost,knock counts on all 4 cylinders,stft.
Datalogging i capture most everything.

Business6

Just got it loaded up and I'm not entirely sure what to monitor. Starting off with charge temp, oil temp, WGDC, battery voltage (more curiosity than necessity) boost pressure and OAR.

My WGDC with the OTS Stage 1 hit 66% maximum, OAR always at -1.00, charge temp 5-20ยบ above ambient depending on situation, etc. Oil temp was interesting, though, because once I hit 200.6ยบ it dropped 12ยบ in 30 seconds and then down to 179ยบ once I was moving again in a matter of seconds. I've had the recall done so it's interesting to watch this though I wish I knew what it was during the summer and not a 21ยบ ambient drive home.

There's a lot to monitor here.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I do not keep my AP plugged in. I just use it to upload the Stage 1 map.
Dead honestly, you could have saved a good deal of money just getting a Delta Boost Module for $240, made more HP (same torque as Cobb Stage 1) and for sure keeping your warranty (if you have one)... Then again, I got my AP used from a guy who had done exactly what you did, so it was in like new condition, so there are benefits I suppose! LOL

Spork1569

Nothing. Loaded the tune and never plugged it back in
This is blasphemy! Burn the witch! [smackbum]

But in all seriousness why not monitor some data? I have an a pillar mount and love being able to see my temperatures as well as boost pressure while driving.

Plus a little more piece of mind knowing when the car is heated up and ready to be beat on.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
This is blasphemy! Burn the witch! [smackbum]

But in all seriousness why not monitor some data? I have an a pillar mount and love being able to see my temperatures as well as boost pressure while driving.

Plus a little more piece of mind knowing when the car is heated up and ready to be beat on.
+1 The second revision on my 91 Stg 2 tune felt fine, but there were a bunch of negative corrections that I wouldn't have known about if I wasn't checking the monitor.

savattguy

Because you guys stress too much about nothing. If there is something wrong what am I going to do? Pull a laptop out my ass and adjust tunes? Nah

Load tune and go on
It just helps you see if something is wrong lol doesnโ€™t fix anything.