Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Member 13 Rep Points 30packdlg's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you swap up to a new Fist?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I just keep thinking about trading in my 2016 Kona Fist with 39,000 miles on it to a new orange spice. If i get it traded in for what i owe on it 13k. Would it make sense to get a new 2018 orange spice and keep basically the same payment? The obvious answers are, no pay mine off in a 3 years and maintain it . Or trade it in for 5 more years of payment and reset the odometer and condition of the car. I just wanna know mainly what would you do?

My thinking is my car now is due for new brakes and tires within the next month and has 39,000 miles on it. Paint isn’t 100% perfect anymore and the interior has its small imperfections but still a solid car.

My dealer has a new orange spice st1 on the lot that is new and doesn’t need anything for another 40,000 miles when I’ll be in the same situation i am in now. Is that worth the upgrade while mine still has good trade in value? Are fiesta’s reliable enough to take it to 70,000...100,000 miles to get good value off mine now and a new one isn’t necessary? What do you all think?

Thanks I’ll listen to your answers.

Guest 22 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say no just because I, myself, am guilty of having a car payment my entire adulthood. I have only paid off one car, took it to the dealer and traded for a FiST (my 08 MSP3). I vote, keep it, pay it off and buy something awesome like a used raptor to tow your dedicated track car (your paid off, gutted fist with a rollcage!!!), and ride in style with two of Ford's greatest creations!

Member 248 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I just traded in my base molten 15 with 73k on it for a new loaded orange spice. Mine had bunch of autocross use and was starting to show age from it. But I could have prob just went over the suspension etc on it and been fine. I just wanted new one before couldn’t get one anymore.

New Member 13 Rep Points 30packdlg's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

You both hit the nail on the head on how i think. I have this car to mainly to daily and rip autocross for cheapest as possible. With then not making it going further i just won’t have this opportunity again. Also I test drove a focus st today aswell to compare and man the shifter feels so out of position like up high it’s hard to get comfortable and shift correctly. Never once felt faster than the Fist I was disappointed in the focus

Member 49 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    AL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 30packdlg View Post
    You both hit the nail on the head on how i think. I have this car to mainly to daily and rip autocross for cheapest as possible. With then not making it going further i just won’t have this opportunity again. Also I test drove a focus st today aswell to compare and man the shifter feels so out of position like up high it’s hard to get comfortable and shift correctly. Never once felt faster than the Fist I was disappointed in the focus
    I loaned my car to a friend for about 6 months due to me having a second vehicle and a company van, so when he returned the car he bought a 2018 FoST. He feels it’s a much faster car, and it’s more comfortable but he didn’t get the same fluttery feeling when he drove the FiST. Bigger, faster doesn’t equal more fun. A co worker has a 2012 Mustang GT. It’ll roast my car (not as bad as he thought) but he couldn’t get over how fun and functional my car is.

I’m keeping mine until it’s toast. Then I’ll get a new econo rocket at that point. I intend to see 200k in this car.

New Member 15 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that, it's too far back and I always used to have raise my shoulder when shifting. I think Fiesta feels faster because of its size and weight, I'm sure the Focus is quicker but probably not by much. After owning both, I prefer the smaller Fiesta.

Senior Member 251 Rep Points me32's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say yes. You get a new bumper to bumper warranty. And you get a new fist in the color you want. Win win to me. Also you owe 13k still so your basically extending you loan longer. One thing to check on. Rates have changed so it may be a good idea to check on those 1st to make sure youll have the same payment.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat SOLD
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

Member #
    Medals
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jerickson88 View Post
    I loaned my car to a friend for about 6 months due to me having a second vehicle and a company van, so when he returned the car he bought a 2018 FoST. He feels it’s a much faster car, and it’s more comfortable but he didn’t get the same fluttery feeling when he drove the FiST. Bigger, faster doesn’t equal more fun. A co worker has a 2012 Mustang GT. It’ll roast my car (not as bad as he thought) but he couldn’t get over how fun and functional my car is.

I’m keeping mine until it’s toast. Then I’ll get a new econo rocket at that point. I intend to see 200k in this car.
    Same here. It may be my last car.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Staff Team Staff Team 1309 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I would say NO.
    There is nothing wrong with my '14.
    The only update would be Sync 2 vs. Sync 3 and my Sync 2 does everything I need or want.
    Besides, my '14 is paid for and I don't need another car payment.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have pondered the thought.....
    I do love my Kona 16" and although I do "Enjoy" it, I don't track it and with only 7600mi now and 0% I think I'll keep it. Who knows, I may FINALLY pay off a car
    2016 Nav, Sunroof and Black rim pack. NO Recaro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast