Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Altitude change tune?

I moved from Utah to Texas. Does the altitude change require an update to the tune? I do get better fuel in TX, 93 vs 91.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
If you are just bolt ons and running a flash tune or OTS map you dont need and tune update. But if you choose to run the 93 octane. Running a map for 93 octane will give you better performance. But it is safe to drive on the current tune.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
100% safe to keep your tune. Idk if it's worth it to get a 93 tune. If you have E85 near you I would get an E30 tune. Btw welcome to Texas!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I moved from Utah to Texas. Does the altitude change require an update to the tune?
This is a thing of the past and was needed with carbureted fuel systems.
Today's EFI systems use a barometric or map sensor to control changes in atmospheric air pressure.

Yes, you should change your tune based on fuel octane rating.

Dave

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Yeah he may enjoy the denser air due to the lower altitude, but it all balances out because he no longer has those cool charge temps. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk