Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

looking to replace drivers seat

ROCKYFiestta

hey guys my driver seat got real shitty where the foam went under the wire and it is 250 for just the seat cushion and an additional 50 for the plastice piece that seems to have broken as well. the piece on the side of the driver seat is what i am referring to.

I wanted to ask if you guys know a good replacement aftermarket preferably that is a little wider would be nice too.

thanks again
[loveboost]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #2
if i do a leather recaro swap is that one of the options that i wont have to do custom wiring?

zanethan

if i do a leather recaro swap is that one of the options that i wont have to do custom wiring?
Leather Recaro's from a Focus? That will require an airbag swap as well as switching the base of your current seats to the base of the Focus seat. There's a write up on how to do it. If you get Recaro's from a Fiesta the swap is direct with no modifications required. You mentioned wanting a wider seat in the first post and the Recaro's are most certainly not going to be wider.

I swapped in seats from a BRZ and I find them to be an excellent blend of comfort and lateral support. However, I did have to disable the seat airbags. This was a risk I was willing to take. You'll have to determine if you're willing to take the same risk by going aftermarket. Also note that it may affect your insurance coving a claim. Again I was personally ok with the risk but you'll need to figure out if you're ok with the same risk.