Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Auxillary install or similar

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So who on here has an Auxiliary fuel system? I have looked for write up on it to see what the install would all entail....No Dice! Those who have it and installed it...was it worth it? how bad was the install....etc....etc. I'm Possibly leaning towards this now or later in the Future to accompany my GTX2860 GEN2 I recently purchased. I am fishing for opinions and Exp. with the port injection type and throttle body type. [rockon]

Thanks A-aron

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #2
So who on here has an Auxiliary fuel system? I have looked for write up on it to see what the install would all entail....No Dice! Those who have it and installed it...was it worth it? how bad was the install....etc....etc. I'm Possibly leaning towards this now or later in the Future to accompany my GTX2860 GEN2 I recently purchased. I am fishing for opinions and Exp. with the port injection type and throttle body type. [rockon]

Thanks A-aron
Well I found a couple videos of FoST and FiST.But now which one to choose...4 port injection or throttle body injection? do they both adequately clean the valves or is one better than the other.....cost is about double for the port injection setup with 4 injectors. if I end up getting either I will do a DIYer for the Forum as I haven't found one as of yet that has been done.[party]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
The intake manifold wasn't designed to flow fuel, so the 4 port is more efficient. Although the ease install has me leaning towards the throttle body system.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
The intake manifold wasn't designed to flow fuel, so the 4 port is more efficient. Although the ease install has me leaning towards the throttle body system.
The only thing I worry about now is the longevity/Quality of the product ....the warranty from stratified is 90 days...makes ya feel a little iffy about buying a $1450 part. I just think they would've back their product with a little bit better warranty....Don't ya think? [wrenchin]

The only thing I worry about now is the longevity/Quality of the product ....the warranty from stratified is 90 days...makes ya feel a little iffy about buying a $1450 part. I just think they would've back their product with a little bit better warranty....Don't ya think? [wrenchin]
I would think they are catering to customers who are more likely to be racing and are going to push their parts to the limit, rather than those who are trying to have a reliable daily driver that will last for a few years.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Off topic - have you given any thought to using the new larger injectors rather than aux. fuel?

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Off topic - have you given any thought to using the new larger injectors rather than aux. fuel?
It's about the same price as the throttle body injector setup from stratified...I'd love to have the cleaning of the intake valves also.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slopoke

If I've got it correct, four port vs single port is the way to go. The distribution of fuel to all the cylinders is even.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If I've got it correct, four port vs single port is the way to go. The distribution of fuel to all the cylinders is even.
I believe that [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] melted his #4 due to a lean condition caused by a 5th injector aux fuel system. The FiST's intake manifold was designed to move air, not air with vaporized fuel. If you want big power, clean intake values, and no hot pistons I think that the 4 port is the way to go. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] is showing off a plate that has injectors that will wash both intake valves; the Bomba plate positions the injectors to only hit one of the of valves.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I believe that [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] melted his #4 due to a lean condition caused by a 5th injector aux fuel system. The FiST's intake manifold was designed to move air, not air with vaporized fuel. If you want big power, clean intake values, and no hot pistons I think that the 4 port is the way to go. [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] is showing off a plate that has injectors that will wash both intake valves; the Bomba plate positions the injectors to only hit one of the of valves.

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=4142]SwAp GaS[/MENTION] just installed aux fuel last weekend. He might chime in and speak to this...

Iā€™ve installed both stratified single (previously) and four port auxiliary fuel on my car, single is by far the easier install. Just donā€™t use the garbage Phillips head screws for the TB Strat sends, source a decent 8mm headed bolt or similar to use instead.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
Showing what off?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
In for opinions and experiences. I'm looking at getting the 4 port next year, for when I want to go really big turbo and fulle85

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
...as is the desired cleaning effect ;)
Only if the aux. injectors are spraying into both intake ports. If not, you're getting more even cleaning with a 5th injector setup, i.e. all intake valves are being cleaned rather than 1/2 of them.

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Only if the aux. injectors are spraying into both intake ports. If not, you're getting more even cleaning with a 5th injector setup, i.e. all intake valves are being cleaned rather than 1/2 of them.
Thats a good point, need to do some more lookin to see.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk