Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Fiesta ST Rebuild

Yesterday I picked up my '15 Fiesta ST from the Copart lot in PA. It was a lot of driving in one day, but am so happy to see the car in person. I dropped the car off at a body shop in NY State to get an assessment on what body work/frame work needs done. I am in the process of waiting for the title so I can begin the importing process into Canada.

Initial replacement list:
  • New hood, passenger fender, front bumper, headlights
  • Replace 3 air bags (passenger curtain, steering wheel, and driver knee bag)
  • Extensively clean the car including ozone treatment (previous owner was a smoker)
  • Replace passenger wheel (big ding in the rim from the accident)
  • Reprogram 2 new keys (vehicle came without keys)

Mods (once running):
  • Replace full exhaust
  • New intake
  • Cobb AP
  • New intercooler
  • RMM

My goal is to have everything done and have the car in the road before October. If I can motivate myself to film the whole process, I would love to as I have found videos from people like Samcrac to be very inspirational.

For some reason my photos didn't attached, but here is a link to some photos of it: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3oUf6CqzEjiQxfbL8

Stay tuned!

Looks pretty good. My only worry would be the frame where the crash beam connects on the right side.

I hope your vehicle doesn't have that coolant circulation issue; the recall dealing with engine fires as a result of oil leaking from the cylinder head cracking.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
I hope your vehicle doesn't have that coolant circulation issue; the recall dealing with engine fires as a result of oil leaking from the cylinder head cracking.
I will definitely keep an eye out for this issue once I replace the cooling system.

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
It took a few weeks, but I was finally able to import the car and bring it home last week. This time I decided to use a car dolly, as a I found the car carrier to be a bit too much trailer for the flex.

Once I got it home, one of my first priorities was getting the drivers window up. The car came without keys, and had the window rolled down when the accident occurred. I was able to apply power directly to the motor, and get it up!

I also had a few hours to tear into the front on Thursday. The first shows the damage behind the bumper, and the second shows almost everything with damage removed

I was very happy to see that there was little damage passed the radiator. There are 2 hoses that need replacing along with the idler pulley. I plan to get these off this week and do a detail of the engine bay while I decide how to approach what's next. I am currently contemplating between purchasing everything from the dealership or just sourcing another orange parts car. More updates to come.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Another update from today.

Over the last few days I have been able to remove all the blown airbags (driver knee, passenger curtain, and steering wheel bag). This is all ready for replacements to go in.

I also had a locksmith out today to try and reprogram some Fobs. Unfortunately it appears that in the crash something happened and the scan tools are not able to communicate with the computer. Both my OBDII scanner, and his security tool (for reprogramming FOBS) couldn't connect in. I also noticed I am not getting light or any sort of readout from the cluster. It appears I am going to have to pull the dash out and start checking to see if there are any issues with the wiring. I spent some time checking all the fuses, which are good, but need to start digging deeper.

If anyone has ever experienced a comm issue with their car, I would be happy to hear your suggestions.