Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'14 Oxford White ST: Panda

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #221
serp belt area has a bearinf noise....assuming the second tensioner is going out. gotta order a new belt and tensioner and see if it stops.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #222
167,398mi

bearing noise has quieted down.

i had a coolant line blow from rubbing on the ST engine cover. temp sensor went nuts in the head. i had to get water, elec tape the line, clear the code (limp mode came on, you cannot move the car at all). after that and getting home and doing a new line, it was fine.

i caught it in time so no damage! ugh what a mes it was tho!!!! pinhole leak went full spraying

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #223
173,493mi.

I found a Fiesta ST i want. Way less miles. This car has no trade in value and i may be able to just get a few k from a local sale.....ORRRR i could just keep it as a winter and gun range/rainy day beater LOL.

I want a nice one. This ones in rough shape.....but the motor clutch and trans REFUSE to even slightly give up lol.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
173,493mi.

I found a Fiesta ST i want. Way less miles. This car has no trade in value and i may be able to just get a few k from a local sale.....ORRRR i could just keep it as a winter and gun range/rainy day beater LOL.

I want a nice one. This ones in rough shape.....but the motor clutch and trans REFUSE to even slightly give up lol.
Original clutch still? Amazing number of miles you’ve gotten from the car

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #225
Original driveline minus wheel bearings, rotors, pads, a rack (wacked into a curb), etc. Motor still on original timing belt and clutch lol.

Was on a cobb ots tune for about 8k then i went back to stock. No catch can. Still can do 40mpg, about 36.5mpg @65mph

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #226
175,647mi

I was looking at another ST and imnow learning of all the clutch pedal staying on the floor issues these cars have at 60-80k range. I found a blue one and he disclosed that he just had the clutch master slave pedal to floor issue repaired......but is it realllllly repaired? His had 61k! And the slave js INSIDE the bellhousing?! Which means he might have had to have the trans dropped? Yikes. He said he did the mast cyl and i guess they had bad batches of them?? EDIT: Apparently its owners resting their foot on the clutch pedal when driving and in the car in traffic!! Omg Really...wow.

Im back to: wheels tires maint items and keep it i dont want ANY issues, specially from a car with 1/3 of my miles. This has me worried about all FiST now :/

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, you most likely do not have the parking lot type, stop and go traffic messes in 105*F heat that so many have elsewhere, way out thar (even though you are in the biggest city in those immediate parts).

I am guessing that this is why you never had the dreaded clutch pedal on the floor crap happen to you in almost 200K miles. [wink]
(That, or you just got one of the perfect setups right from the factory. [dunno])

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #228
Yeah, you most likely do not have the parking lot type, stop and go traffic messes in 105*F heat that so many have elsewhere, way out thar (even though you are in the biggest city in those immediate parts).

I am guessing that this is why you never had the dreaded clutch pedal on the floor crap happen to you in almost 200K miles. [wink]
(That, or you just got one of the perfect setups right from the factory. [dunno])
Its been in citiy traffic, backroads, mtns, gravel and dirt roads, from 0°-110° and never once has that pedal felt funny. I also blipshift every single time i downshift coming to a stop, every gear, as well and blipshifting on backroads beating on it. That pedal gets a workout. The car refuses to break.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #229
177k, finally replaced the coolant bypass thingy. Cel is gone. Wasnt bad at all, just coolant smell lovelyness.

Doorman part from rockauto. Looked exactly like oem.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #230
178k: i bought a brand new car. 2023 Kona N-Line AWD and its awesome. Ford doesnt make hot hatched anymore, and i needed a NEW CAR. A warranty. Peace of mind. First time since i got my lic that im about to not own a Ford. They royally screwed up after covid with chips and what they bring to us market, and im done with em. SNS.

Fiesta ST is being cleaned up and a buddy said he wanted it. Ill update mileage from him if he buys it and whatever happens to it.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
178k: i bought a brand new car. 2023 Kona N-Line AWD and its awesome. Ford doesnt make hot hatched anymore, and i needed a NEW CAR. A warranty. Peace of mind. First time since i got my lic that im about to not own a Ford. They royally screwed up after covid with chips and what they bring to us market, and im done with em. SNS.

Fiesta ST is being cleaned up and a buddy said he wanted it. Ill update mileage from him if he buys it and whatever happens to it.

Congrats on your new car! Sad to see you go though.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #233
Repaired the evap/purge piece, cel is gone.

Put a new PS rear wheel bearing in, as the shop that out in a new subframe in 2019 screwed me and at least the DS bearing is a NON ABS one, and didnt even have a magnetic tonal ring!!

Apparently they used a focus non abs early unit. I didnt even HAVE an ABS light on when it went in! Its been a struggle and the shop and allstate screwed me, and allstste actually paid me for 6months ins because they admitted they didnt hold up their end of the collision repair deal. So, since then ive had ABS issues. I had a tech scan it and it was DS rear that wasnt getting a signal. I ordered a new motorcraft sensor and same issue. i just did the new bearing and same dadsissue. Im gonna have to pull the PS hub and see if that ones a non abs as well!

I put in a new magnetic one and cleared the abs code tonight, and 10ft later it came back.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #234
welp boys and girls, my journey with the Fiesta ST has ended. After the Fiesta commercial i couldnt part with it but didnt know what to do. it was sitti g and i barely drove it, just enough to get fluids through it.

after a chat, and an hour drive, giving it my laat thrashing in my hands, I dropped it off at my brothers. place. He has taken delivery of it and in the last 2 weeks has been working on getting it back to shiny and all fixed. he wanted a daily beater and this fit the bill.

i gave it over with 178k on it, and in a month or so it will start racking miles up again!

pics he sent me of the resto :)

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #235
progress...

he found Good Rado gray ST wheels for it last week so its back to stock look.

Timing belt
Water pump
Thermostat and housing
Knock sensor
Tensioner
Trans fluid change
New coolant
turbo oil feed line was almost off so they put anew one on the tech had as a spare. all work done by my bro and his Ford Tech buddy per manuals :)

valves are pretty clean for 178k! no catch can as it never picked much up so i removed it.

Last edited:
OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #236
The FIST is now @190k miles :)

My bro dailies it. Been doing great. He said he had a lil coolant leak somewhere at the junction by the tstat housing when it was really cold out but it kinda went away.

It's still on stock everything in the motor, except I did plugs once, timing job was done. There's a slight VC oil leak, apparently that's a nightmare job to redo, since they GLUED IT ON :/.

I got him new mountune springs for Xmas :). Sitting back as it was.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The FIRST is now @190k miles :)

My bro dailies it. Been doing great. He said he had a lil coolant leak somewhere at the junction by the tstat housing when it was really cold out but it kinda went away.

It's still on stock everything in the motor, except I did plugs once, timing job was done. There's a slight VC oil leak, apparently that's a nightmare job to redo, since they GLUED IT ON :/.

I got him new mountune springs for Xmas :). Sitting back as it was.

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it’s doing fine at 190k