Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

factory tire mileage?

Waterfan

Love my BFG s-comps I'm running on my 15s and I'll be running them again on my 16s this spring. They have the best reviews in their category on tirerack.
+1 on BFG SC2. I'm on 205/45-16 (16x7) and could not be happier. Minimal tread OEM 050As retired @ 21k mi.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Bumping this thread to see if more people can report how many miles they got out of the oem Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's. My car has only 1700 miles on it, but I had to replace one tire due to it getting a piece of metal in it where it couldn't be plugged and patched. The new one had 10/32" of tread, but to my surprise the other three were already down to about 8/32". If you extrapolate that out, they'll need to be replaced (by 2/32") by only 8000 miles or so.
The car was driven gently for the 1000 mile break-in, since then I drive fast around corners when I can, with a lot of regular cruising around mixed in. No burnouts, autocross or tracking. I know it's a performance tire, but would still hope to get 10-15k miles out of it. What are some more of you getting, and what's your driving style?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got 24k on my Michelin a/s 3's ....they blow dick in the snow. But decent on wet and dry pavement. Tread depth is at 4/32 ......debating on tires now.....who to get....best performance tire in all season.....anyone got any thoughts/ exp shoot away.[rockon]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've got 24k on my Michelin a/s 3's ....they blow dick in the snow. But decent on wet and dry pavement. Tread depth is at 4/32 ......debating on tires now.....who to get....best performance tire in all season.....anyone got any thoughts/ exp shoot away.[rockon]
I am going to keep the factory wheels as 'intermediates' for those times when it is way too cold for summers, but DRY, with NO snow/ice, as we usually get here.
With that in mind, I was going to try the Neo Gens in the factory size once my Pilot AS3s wore out (which will be a LONG time if they last as long as yours did).
I totally do NOT expect them to go ANYWHERE in ANY snow, but hopefully they will be decently sticky in the COLD/DRY winter conditions. [wink]

17,700 miles on original potenzas. I would guess I have another 7k or more left. No track days yet. I limped through last winter on them but am actively looking at winter tires. If I can find a set, I dunno what I will get for summer replacements.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I just swapped my RE50's out for 15 steelies and winter tires at 4500 miles and they are about half life tread-wise. Mostly commuting with some spirited back road use and hitting off ramps at speed; no track/racing. Will be looking into a summer set of wheels with something with a higher wear rating for sure. 8k-9k out of a $120 tire is not in the budget.

27k so far, handfuls of canyon runs and city driving... should last to 35k...but it doesn't rain much here so I'm stretching them as far as I can.

DaveG99

At 12k i replaced tge 2 front tires. They still had life in them but i was going on a cruise in the mountains and wanted to be sure i had grip. And at $114 each on tire rack it was a no brainer. Im at 16k now. Fronts look decent still

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
At a 500 tread wear rating, and without minimal power over stock added, I am hoping that the factory Pilot Sport AS/3s last a good long time.

I plan on using the whole factory deal as my 'intermediate' setup for cold dry weather, with a separate PURE summer setup of 100-200 tread wear gumballs on my 17x8 1.2s, and eventually, a 15" or 16" pure winter setup for snow/ice/working rallies. [wink]

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Only got about 8,000 miles off of the OEM Potenzas. I tried to rotate them at 6,500 miles but my tire guy said the fronts were too worn, so I just bought two new Indy 500's and rotated then at the 8k mark.

Spork1569

Holy shit. I got 7,000 miles out of mine and I only drove 5 miles a day lol
My question is how OP put 70k on a 2-3 year old car so fast lol. That and the fact the tires lasted so long are impressive. Mine were beyond dead by 30k

My car will be 2 years old at the end of December of this year.
It’s 22 months old right now. I drive 3,000-4,000 miles per month mostly in the ST.
I also have a F250 that I drive as well.
Believe me it adds up quick.