Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is murdered out still in?

Is murdered out still in?

• Yes

Votes: 49 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 101 67.3%

• Total voters
Unsure if it's been mentioned already, but I will add that I feel our USDM Fiesta tail lights are one of, if not THE worst and least visible of all modern cars on the road (2010-newer). I think UK gets LED tails? I'm not sure, but if so I bet they are super bright. I've seen many Fiesta on the highway at night and I swear that our tail lights suffer from horrible visibility.. like Ford engineered it to be the minimum brightness as required by regulatory agencies.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I really feel like installing a rear fog.

Unsure if it's been mentioned already, but I will add that I feel our USDM Fiesta tail lights are one of, if not THE worst and least visible of all modern cars on the road (2010-newer). I think UK gets LED tails? I'm not sure, but if so I bet they are super bright. I've seen many Fiesta on the highway at night and I swear that our tail lights suffer from horrible visibility.. like Ford engineered it to be the minimum brightness as required by regulatory agencies.

Anyone else notice this or is it just me? I really feel like installing a rear fog.
I can't say I've noticed lights on other Fiestas on the road, but I have noticed people flash their lights at me from behind at dusk or dark and I can't seem to figure out why. At first I thought maybe they were just liking the car, but it has happened way too often and often from trucks or vehicles that are higher. I wonder if what you say here isn't the reason - maybe the taillights are not very visible and people think they are not on.

I can't say I've noticed lights on other Fiestas on the road, but I have noticed people flash their lights at me from behind at dusk or dark and I can't seem to figure out why. At first I thought maybe they were just liking the car, but it has happened way too often and often from trucks or vehicles that are higher. I wonder if what you say here isn't the reason - maybe the taillights are not very visible and people think they are not on.
Park your car next to your mom's Camry or something, with the lights on and step back about 10-20 car lengths and man, you'll see what I am talking about. Our lights aren't the greatest. Imagine in inclement weather... I first noticed it a few bad storms ago I came up on a Fiesta from behind on the freeway. The brightness of the tail lights in that weather didn't even look safe to be honest... I could not imagine tinting my tailights to make them less visible.

Same goes for headlight on our cars, aren't they the damn worst? First time I drove the car at night I was like yeah, this ain't gonna work. Have been running LEDs since day 3 and will never go back to stock. The Euro cars have it all done right, LEDs front and rear, projector headlights. They have more strict illumination guidelines over there, but less stringent front and rear 5mph impact ratings. It's the opposite here in America. Probably because they all know how to drive. It's not hard to realize that proper illumination is much more important than how a bumper performs at 5mph... Jesus H. Sorry for the rant. I travel quite a bit and when I go to countries like the UK and Germany it just becomes blatantly apparent where we are just doing it wrong over here.

Park your car next to your mom's Camry or something, with the lights on and step back about 10-20 car lengths and man, you'll see what I am talking about. Our lights aren't the greatest. Imagine in inclement weather... I first noticed it a few bad storms ago I came up on a Fiesta from behind on the freeway. The brightness of the tail lights in that weather didn't even look safe to be honest... I could not imagine tinting my tailights to make them less visible.

Same goes for headlight on our cars, aren't they the damn worst? First time I drove the car at night I was like yeah, this ain't gonna work. Have been running LEDs since day 3 and will never go back to stock. The Euro cars have it all done right, LEDs front and rear, projector headlights. They have more strict illumination guidelines over there, but less stringent front and rear 5mph impact ratings. It's the opposite here in America. Probably because they all know how to drive. It's not hard to realize that proper illumination is much more important than how a bumper performs at 5mph... Jesus H. Sorry for the rant. I travel quite a bit and when I go to countries like the UK and Germany it just becomes blatantly apparent where we are just doing it wrong over here.
I hear you. I've spent time in UK and EU. Germany was particularly striking. They know how to drive. They know to move the F*** over and get out of the left lane. After some time over there, then coming back to the US and driving on the Interstates, it seems like some kind of joke. How can people be so oblivious? Because they can, and they don't needto be good drivers.

I hear you. I've spent time in UK and EU. Germany was particularly striking. They know how to drive. They know to move the F*** over and get out of the left lane. After some time over there, then coming back to the US and driving on the Interstates, it seems like some kind of joke. How can people be so oblivious? Because they can, and they don't needto be good drivers.
Yeah man seriously. People here, maybe they are not taught from a young age how their actions affect others, or that other people even exist. My very own brother, decade younger than me grew up with internet, mouse and keyboard shoved up his ass. He drives in the fast lane going speed limit. I'm like, bro, get over to the right because there's a line of cars behind you, and they are starting to tail gate. "Meh, they can go around". Wtf??

I mean, I wasn't BORN knowing how to drive, but my mom did teach me to be mindful of other people, and to take into consideration how my actions might affect others around me. To be considerate and courteous. This is why, like, I will walk out of the room before I bust ass. This is also the reason why I check my mirrors all the time to make sure there's no police behind me, or someone behind me who might be in a hurry or want to drive faster than me.

Not everyone in America, but too many people are not taught to be considerate. Many are self-absorbed... world-revolves-around-me types. "My mom told me I am the best so that must mean that I am. Everyone else can fuck off."

My car is completely murdered out and I love it. Shadow Black ST, Black wheels, black front splitter, 35% tint, headlight and taillight tint.

Meador

Unsure if it's been mentioned already, but that I feel our USDM Fiesta tail lights are one of, if not THE worst and least visible of all modern cars on the road (2010-newer). I think UK gets LED tails? I'm not sure, but if so I bet they are super bright. I've seen many Fiesta on the highway at night and I swear that our tail lights suffer from horrible visibility.. like Ford engineered it to be the minimum brightness as required by regulatory agencies.

i don't think as many people are "murdering out" their rides anymore so when you do see one it stands out more. I like it.

Last edited:

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yeah man seriously. People here, maybe they are not taught from a young age how their actions affect others, or that other people even exist. My very own brother, decade younger than me grew up with internet, mouse and keyboard shoved up his ass. He drives in the fast lane going speed limit. I'm like, bro, get over to the right because there's a line of cars behind you, and they are starting to tail gate. "Meh, they can go around". Wtf??

I mean, I wasn't BORN knowing how to drive, but my mom did teach me to be mindful of other people, and to take into consideration how my actions might affect others around me. To be considerate and courteous. This is why, like, I will walk out of the room before I bust ass. This is also the reason why I check my mirrors all the time to make sure there's no police behind me, or someone behind me who might be in a hurry or want to drive faster than me.

Not everyone in America, but too many people are not taught to be considerate. Many are self-absorbed... world-revolves-around-me types. "My mom told me I am the best so that must mean that I am. Everyone else can fuck off."
Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Late evening after 9PM, dry pavement, clear visibility, 50s temperatures, four, eventually down to three lane highway, some months ago, cruising left lane, eventually came upon another in the left lane. Nothing in front of the car. The individual may have been taking a quarter to a half-a-mile just to pass one vehicle. So it would've been simple just to get over for several seconds; as I do for others in the past, typically trying to avoid forcing them to even slow down. I didn't tailgate, flash lights, weave, do other dumb sh* that I've seen other drivers do. Just patiently sat back and waited. At one point, had lazily signaled and lane changed just to gauge whether could safely get around. After spending several seconds gauging without closing any distance, lazily signaled lane changed back behind him as I didn't want to put a lot of accelerator in just to get around. After roughly three to five miles of waiting, I took an opportunity to signal lane-change and ease on around him, signal, lane-change with safe clearing distance in front of him. Had to go faster than I wanted but it was obvious that I probably wasn't going to get a better opportunity for awhile yet and he seemed to be speeding up a little as I passed him. (sometimes people speed-up without necessarily realizing it)

*NOW* all of sudden he was in hurry, staying right on my bumper. I didn't brake-check, speed-up, or any other dramatic dumb sh* that I've seen other drivers do. I just ignored him, resuming previous driving speed which varied between 75-85 depending on conditions.

So what was this turkey doing, staying right on my bumper for two miles? Phoning my plate to the cops. [rofl]

With these folks, being nice, going out-of-your-way not to be rude, or appear as rude, isn't going to be reciprocated. Sharing the road is not a concept for them. They own it, and you ought to be grateful for the privilege of joining them on it. [dunno] Oh well, with these folks, now I don't worry about not appearing rude.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Late evening after 9PM, dry pavement, clear visibility, 50s temperatures, four, eventually down to three lane highway, some months ago, cruising left lane, eventually came upon another in the left lane. Nothing in front of the car. The individual may have been taking a quarter to a half-a-mile just to pass one vehicle. So it would've been simple just to get over for several seconds; as I do for others in the past, typically trying to avoid forcing them to even slow down. I didn't tailgate, flash lights, weave, do other dumb sh* that I've seen other drivers do. Just patiently sat back and waited. At one point, had lazily signaled and lane changed just to gauge whether could safely get around. After spending several seconds gauging without closing any distance, lazily signaled lane changed back behind him as I didn't want to put a lot of accelerator in just to get around. After roughly three to five miles of waiting, I took an opportunity to signal lane-change and ease on around him, signal, lane-change with safe clearing distance in front of him. Had to go faster than I wanted but it was obvious that I probably wasn't going to get a better opportunity for awhile yet and he seemed to be speeding up a little as I passed him. (sometimes people speed-up without necessarily realizing it)

*NOW* all of sudden he was in hurry, staying right on my bumper. I didn't brake-check, speed-up, or any other dramatic dumb sh* that I've seen other drivers do. I just ignored him, resuming previous driving speed which varied between 75-85 depending on conditions.

So what was this turkey doing, staying right on my bumper for two miles? Phoning my plate to the cops. [rofl]

With these folks, being nice, going out-of-your-way not to be rude, or appear as rude, isn't going to be reciprocated. Sharing the road is not a concept for them. They own it, and you ought to be grateful for the privilege of joining them on it. [dunno] Oh well, with these folks, now I don't worry about not appearing rude.
I had a similar situation where I started out doing the exact same thing except...

...I only attempted to pass this one time...and...there was way more than enough room to pass...and...when I went to pass he obviously sped up until we were both going faster than we should while I'm in utter amazement why he went so slow to begin with because he was cruising 5 - 10 below the speed limit in the fast lane.

But no problem. It was not excessively crowded and it is a 5 lane highway, so I change into the 3rd lane to get around the car now coming up in front of me. I pass two cars on my left and plan to move back into the 4th lane as a vehicle is coming up in front but there is someone also coming up in front of him now...and...he is literally trying to race me.

What.. The...

Well, having been gracious to others in similar (but less aggressive) situations before just to have them go below the speed limit as soon as they realize that I can't pass anymore, I decided not to play nice this time. Besides this was ridiculous, especially considering how I had waited patiently behind him for so long (just as you did), while countless others had passed us already.

I passed and pushed my way into the lane like I didn't know he was there. I will do my best to refrain from calling such person any names here though.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Yep. The delay on an autoshit trans isn't going favor them. So when you do pass, even if you have PLENTY of space, don't mess around regardless. Don't even let'em entertain the notion. By the time they drop a gear you're already past'em.